Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi 6 and Netgear Nighthawk with Suddenlink Drop Signal all the time!!!

MRiley40
Follower

Orbi WiFi 6 and Netgear Nighthawk with Suddenlink Drop Signal all the time!!!

I own 3 Orbi and 2 night hawk, all at different locations and all with Suddenlink internet. The nighthawk has been nothing but hell as far as staying connected. Do not buy. The Orbi seems to do better but still drops daily. The ISP says it’s Netgear, Netgear says it’s ISP. I don’t care who it is, has anyone found a solution to this. I have over $2k of Netgear equipment and would love to solve this.
Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 and Netgear Nighthawk with Suddenlink Drop Signal all the time!!!

@MRiley40 wrote:
I own 3 Orbi and 2 night hawk, all at different locations and all with Suddenlink internet. The nighthawk has been nothing but hell as far as staying connected. Do not buy. The Orbi seems to do better but still drops daily. The ISP says it’s Netgear, Netgear says it’s ISP. I don’t care who it is, has anyone found a solution to this. I have over $2k of Netgear equipment and would love to solve this.

You will get better answers about the Orbi installations over in the Orbi forum section here: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax  It would be helpful for you to spedify the Orbi model number as well as the brand and model numbers of the upstream modems.

For the Nighthawk installations it would be very helpful for you to specifically identify the model numbers of the routers and the brand and model numbers of the modems upstream.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 and Netgear Nighthawk with Suddenlink Drop Signal all the time!!!

What modem/gateway do you have from suddenlink. 

If its dropping mulitple times a day, hardwire a pc/laptop into the modem/gateway and see if it drops. That'll tell you if its a line issue versus router. (provided its a modem only device)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7