Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS3 won't connect through WiFi

theherm
Aspirant

PS3 won't connect through WiFi

I've managed to connect my new R7000 once to my PS3 using WiFi. After that the PS3 won't connect to the router. Using a cable works fine, but I can't seem to be able to connect wireless. I've tried turning WiFi security off, but it didn't work. 

The R7000 is connect directly on the ISP's modem, which is switched to brigde mode. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
theherm
Aspirant

Re: PS3 won't connect through WiFi

I've found the solution. I did put my ISP's modem/router in bridge mode, but appently Wifi was still on. Since I configured my Netgear router with the same SSID as the ISP's router, it probably was causing clashes or something. Anyway, after turing the Wifi signal off on the ISP's router, the PS3 is connecting flawlessly!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies

Can anything connect to the wifi?

Message 2 of 7
theherm
Aspirant

Yes, tablets, phones, laptops and other devices work fine on 2.4 and 5 Ghz. 

Error shown on the PS3: time out while retriving IP address

Message 3 of 7

This probably means that your problem is on the PS3. The router is doing its thing, throwing out wifi that other kit can handle.

Can you tell it to forget old wifi connections and set up the link afresh?

Or consult experts in PS3. 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

If you tried the PS3 with out any security on the router, there maybe a problem with the PS3 or maybe not incompatible with newer generation wifi routers.

You can do this, install a wireless bridge with LAN ports in back. Routers or there are actual wireless bridge devices that you can use. Set up this wireless bridge with the PS3 LAN wire connected to the back of the wireless bridge. The bridge will connect to the NG router wirelessly.

Direct Wired LAN cable is best for game consoles however.

@theherm wrote:

I've managed to connect my new R7000 once to my PS3 using WiFi. After that the PS3 won't connect to the router. Using a cable works fine, but I can't seem to be able to connect wireless. I've tried turning WiFi security off, but it didn't work. 

The R7000 is connect directly on the ISP's modem, which is switched to brigde mode. 

Message 5 of 7
theherm
Aspirant

I've found the solution. I did put my ISP's modem/router in bridge mode, but appently Wifi was still on. Since I configured my Netgear router with the same SSID as the ISP's router, it probably was causing clashes or something. Anyway, after turing the Wifi signal off on the ISP's router, the PS3 is connecting flawlessly!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements