Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Poor Teams and Zoom calls

JRMontlake
Tutor

Poor Teams and Zoom calls

Ever since I purchased this product (3 days ago), the quality of my virtual meetings on Teams and Zoom has been poor.  Frequent delays and cuts in connection.  I just unplugged the AC1750 (EX6250) earlier this morning, and the calls have been great.  Why is this product causing these problems?  Can it be fixed?  

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

You posted in the router section about a EX6250 which is an extender. 

What actual router do you have? 

What firmware is on the extender? 

Did you need extra distance with the extender or what was the purpose of adding it in? 

Especially since it works fine without the extender. 

Message 2 of 6
JRMontlake
Tutor

Apologies if I posted this question in the wrong place. This is not a very customer-friendly process. We have an "Xfinity" router. The label underneath the router says it is the "property of Comcast." I can't see where it is a particular model. It just has a series of "MAC" numbers. it is an input of 12.0V.

I don't know what firmware is on the extender. It's the model I indicated earlier: AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX6250).

My purpose in adding this extender to our home network is that there are some places in the house where the signal is weaker. We are/were hoping to add this device to increase strength throughout the house.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

did you setup the extender using the installation assistant or wps?

Message 4 of 6
JRMontlake
Tutor

I followed the instruction manual - logging into the website and registering. Then it seemed to sync perfectly.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

You re-ran it and its working? or you're explaining how you set it up? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series