Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forward stopped working on WAN, but not LAN... Around same time as last update.

bayhuntr
Tutor

Port Forward stopped working on WAN, but not LAN... Around same time as last update.

Port are set up to access IP cams and the Blue Iris server.  I can access them from within the network, but not from out side.  From outside I try both IP and name. I've varified my DNS is corect.  I don't see anythin in the log that suggest anything is being blocked.  I checked with Comcast and they say their side is good.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bayhuntr
Tutor

Re: Port Forward stopped working on WAN, but not LAN... Around same time as last update.

Your advice would have solved one of the two problems, but it would've been the hard way to resolve it, as opposed to just reentering the port forwarding. Using the upgrade wizard, failed to notify us of the port forwarding issue. This was pore planning on Netgear part.
The second issue, devices dropping at random times throughout the day, my Amazon echoes randomly losing connection, iPhones losing connection, WeatherStation losing connection, all of these issues resolved by turning off the new feature, Ario, that you added to the router, and default it on.
This software upgrade was botched, perhaps you can test more thoroughly before you release the next one?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Re: Port Forward stopped working on WAN, but not LAN... Around same time as last update.

Reset to factory default and reconfigure from scratch or fall back to your previous version of firmware.

Message 2 of 4
bayhuntr
Tutor

Your advice would have solved one of the two problems, but it would've been the hard way to resolve it, as opposed to just reentering the port forwarding. Using the upgrade wizard, failed to notify us of the port forwarding issue. This was pore planning on Netgear part.
The second issue, devices dropping at random times throughout the day, my Amazon echoes randomly losing connection, iPhones losing connection, WeatherStation losing connection, all of these issues resolved by turning off the new feature, Ario, that you added to the router, and default it on.
This software upgrade was botched, perhaps you can test more thoroughly before you release the next one?
Message 3 of 4
rpoffen
Virtuoso

A hard reset to factory defaults appears to be required. I am not sure even Netgear realized the severity of the problem until all these people started complaining.

Among port forwarding being broken, there were problems with the 2.4G channel becoming unstable as well.

I have adopted the philosophy of just doing a hard reset when I change FW versions.

Even when going back to previous FW (say 1.0.4.30) after 1.0.6.28, some users who did not reset saw the arlo SSID still show up, even though arlo support doesn't exist in 1.0.4.x. This just means that their settings database internally may be fundamentatly flawed, and may never be compatible when changing FW versions.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7