Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding

tmorfessis
Follower

Port Forwarding

One of my clients need their internal server accessible from anywhere. I believe port forwarding should be configured but when I configure it with port 8083 and enter the public IP address, I'm not able to access the server (unable to connect to the remote PC because the PC can't be found. Please provide the FQDN or the IP address of the remote PC and then try again, error code: 0x104). 

The Portforwarding rule was setup with the external start port 8083, external end port 8083, internal start port 8083, internal end port 8083, the internal IP address of the server that needs to be accessed (192.168.26.102), and service type TCP/UDP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Port Forwarding

Are we talking about the RAX200?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

Those things aren't quite the same as the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7