Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Power Flicker causing issues with Nighthawk AC2300

jdstill
Aspirant

Power Flicker causing issues with Nighthawk AC2300

I have a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router that was only plugged into a Surge Protector, not a UPS.  This past week i have had a couple power flickers which caused the router to stop work, i.e. could not get on the internet.  Once I connected to the router via ethernet cable, the router asked me to enter a new admin password and then select new security questions.  Once I entered the password and selected the security questions everything worked fine again.  This has happened twice due to the power flickers.  Could this be an issue with the NVRAM of the router, although no other router setting were affected.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

@jdstill wrote:

I have a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router ...

Which one? AC2300 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number. Could be An R7000P or an RS400.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@jdstill wrote:

I have a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router ...

Which one? AC2300 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number. Could be An R7000P or an RS400.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 4
jdstill
Aspirant

The model of the Nighthawk AC2300 is R7000P

The firmware version is V1.3.1.64_10.1.36

A modem is not used.  We are using fiber connected from the fiber jack to the router via an ethernet cable.

Thank you for the input.

Message 3 of 4
Jrzydvl
Aspirant

Did you ever get a solution ?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation