Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Printing from IOS devices (airprint)

stedep
Aspirant

Printing from IOS devices (airprint)

Hello,

I recently replaced my cable modem/router with a Netgear Gateway C7800 using Xfinity as a service provider. I don't have a lot of expertise working with this type of equipment. Setup of the modem/router went fine, setup wireless and have a laptop connected via ethernet to modem. Current firmware version on modem/router is: V3.01.43. 

This is my issue: When i attempt to print from any IOS device (iphone, ipad), i get a "printer offline" messgae. IOS devices see printer (Epson XP-640 series) which is airprint complatible and worked with previous modem. Made no changes on the printer. I did get the printer to print in this situation: Initated a print request from IOS device and on the modem/router disabled/reenabled 2.4Ghz frequency. One additional note: i can print from my computer if i configure print queue by IP address. Anyway, if anyone has input or advise on the issue, it would be greatly appreciated. Steve

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Printing from IOS devices (airprint)

The usual way to fix wifi printers, if that is what we are talking about, is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

As you have replaced the modem, you may have to reset the printer to its defaults and set it up again from scratch.

Message 2 of 4
stedep
Aspirant

Morning, Thanks for the response back. I reset printer to factory defaults and reconfigured device for wifi and WPS connection. When i initiate a print request, say from an IPAD, IOS device sees printer (Epson XP-640 series). Message "printer offline" appears. Just for the sake of not knowing what else to try, i logged into the router and changed the channel frequency (2.4Ghz) to another channel, low and behold the print request completed! Initiated another print request (from IOS device), same "printer offline" message appears. Really not sure what this does or does not indicate. Anyway, appreciate the advise....Steve

Message 3 of 4
BeeDawg
Aspirant

I got Airprint to work on my Brother MFC-J5945DW by disabling IPv6 under Network>Protocol>AirPrint>Advanced Settings>IPv6.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7