Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QoS Error

xaviero17
Tutor

QoS Error

Hi everyone, I'm writting because I have tried almost all the online solutions and no positive results.

The problem is that when I try to update the database of the QoS I Alwayssss get this error "Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later."

I'ts frustrating, I also downgrade to all the versions and the same error keeps appearing. 

Please Help!!!!

I'm in the latest version right now (V1.0.2.20) with this version of QoS

Current Performance Optimization Database on Router
    Version: v2.0813.gea65011
    Release Date: August 13, 2015
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
xaviero17
Tutor

Re: QoS Error

Ok I finally have a solution but its only for the --- Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 ---

After weeks contacting Netgear and do all of the recomendation in this post that does not work for me, they (Netgear) made a temporary firmware for my router that solve the problem with the clock time in my router that was saying Dic 29,1969 and does not update the time. That error in the time was generating the error in the QoS update and does not let me update the database. The error when I was triying to update the database was "Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later" 

This is the Firmware that Netgear send me in a email and I uploaded to mega to share with all of you. 

----> Download <----- MEGA

---> Alternate Download <---  Original Netgear Link

**** After Flashing this firmware do not update to R7800_V1.0.2.20 Firmware or Older whait for a newer version and try it for yourself if that works. 

**** Remember ONLY for the --- Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 ---

**** you can check the date/time on your router in Advanced > Security > Schedule 

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 17

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Don't know what Router you are on, but the version you have is newer than the one on the R7000 which is 1.9. Manual Update works though and returns I have the latest.

Message 2 of 17
clithes
Prodigy

Have you tried a factory reset on the router and then applying the firmware again?

Are you using the R7800?

Message 3 of 17
xaviero17
Tutor

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800

I do the Factory Default and then apply the firmware again and the same problem persist. 

I also flash one by one all the firmwares and the same error keeps appearing. 

I'm out of hope Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 17
xaviero17
Tutor

Message 5 of 17
libreors
Initiate

Same error. The problem needs to be in the connection to netgear. I am not sure if the close an specific port for the switch to upgrade the database or something

Message 6 of 17
bilbowebuser
Tutor

I'm having the same problem with a brand new D7800 that I have just upgraded to the latest firmware.  Says it cannot download the database.

Message 7 of 17
LeeH
Prodigy

Have you guys been doing resets by holding in the reset button on the back of the router for about 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts to blink?

Message 8 of 17
bilbowebuser
Tutor

Will that fix this problem?  The d7800 that this one replaced also couldn't download the update database, and it was on the same firmware version. This new one is stuck on march 30, 2015 version 2.0330.

Message 9 of 17
LeeH
Prodigy

A reset may or may not fix the problem, but it is part of the normal troubleshooting process.

Message 10 of 17
xaviero17
Tutor

Ok I finally have a solution but its only for the --- Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 ---

After weeks contacting Netgear and do all of the recomendation in this post that does not work for me, they (Netgear) made a temporary firmware for my router that solve the problem with the clock time in my router that was saying Dic 29,1969 and does not update the time. That error in the time was generating the error in the QoS update and does not let me update the database. The error when I was triying to update the database was "Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later" 

This is the Firmware that Netgear send me in a email and I uploaded to mega to share with all of you. 

----> Download <----- MEGA

---> Alternate Download <---  Original Netgear Link

**** After Flashing this firmware do not update to R7800_V1.0.2.20 Firmware or Older whait for a newer version and try it for yourself if that works. 

**** Remember ONLY for the --- Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 ---

**** you can check the date/time on your router in Advanced > Security > Schedule 

Message 11 of 17
bilbowebuser
Tutor

It looks as though this must be related to the problem on the D7800 router too.  I note in the log section that the date is set to January 1st 1970.  There doesn't appear to be any way of setting the time manually.

Unfortunately I'll presumably need to wait for them to update the firmware for my model.

Resetting the router is probably a reasonable suggestion normally - but with all that's been written here with it affecting multiple people, factory restores etc - it seemed a little inappropriate at the stage it was being suggested - that's why I asked if it was a known fix for this issue...

Message 12 of 17
xaviero17
Tutor

Just contact Netgear support they will help you out, if they made this custom firmware for my problem they maybe doing the same for other models. Maybe they have a custom firmware for your router too that like mine its not for the public yet. 

Open a case and call them. Here is the link. You can tell them that you are having the exact same problem that I was having and send them this post to accelerate the solution for your router too.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 13 of 17
bilbowebuser
Tutor

Thank you for your reply.  I have created a new thread for the D7800 firmware issues, and included a link to this thread.  I may try calling them about this, but my 90 day telephone support has long since ended and I'm not willing to pay them to be able to let them know their firmware has serious problems...

Message 14 of 17
rahs
Initiate

After trying my hand on every other suggestion available on google, finally flashed the router(R7800) to firmware version V1.0.2.12-ntp from V1.0.2.20 and it worked! Now the system time is accurate, as well as can access the "Turn off wireless signal by schedule" (which was greyed out earlier) feature. Hope Netgear release an updated firmware version and not just a patch of an earlier version. 

Message 15 of 17
JCHH
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my d7800.  I am also within my 90 days.

I am online with them now...

Message 16 of 17
JCHH
Aspirant

will blow me over and call me windswept.

The dude asked me for a screenshot of my schule tab (I assume to see the time as 1970).

I totally screwed that up and lost the connection, but I nopticed that DST was not set.  I checked it and, voila, the time was set corredcrtly and the QoS performance database has just updated.

Good luck, all!

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7