Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700 Internet and WIFI Connections Problems On Spectrum

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6700 Internet and WIFI Connections Problems On Spectrum

Capture only shows the show stats page which is good. It's connected at 1000Mpbs to the modem and some data is there, doesnt' seem like a lot though. 

If the status on the basic tab shows Not Connected or No Internet, seems like there is a problem with this router. If you've done a factory reset and setup from scratch and powered cycled everything and your not getting any internet on any devices thru the router while connected to the modem, I'd probably get this back to the seller. 

Message 26 of 35
KA7NIQ
Tutor

I am wondering if this is a bad router
Message 27 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Only other thing you can try as a last resort, 30-30-30 reset. Though i'm doubting that will fix. 

Whats you budget on something new? Or something used or refurb? I found a R8000 and XR1000 routers on amazon for cheap last year. I think I was lucky on the R8000, was marked as used but when I got it was like it was right off the Mfrg line. 😁

Message 28 of 35
Kitsap
Master

@KA7NIQ,

From your screen shots it appears your firmware is version 1.0.13.128, which is current.  Did you perform a manual update of your firmware or is that what was on it when received?

The torn label does not bode well.  If you still have the option to return this router to the seller, I agree with @FURRYe38, it is a good time to do so.

Message 29 of 35
KA7NIQ
Tutor

Firmware is current, no updates to be had. I want to thank everyone who tried to help me with this bad router., I am sending it back.

Message 30 of 35

@Kitsap wrote:

The torn label does not bode well. 

Agreed, especially when you think how hard it is to remove those labels.

Message 31 of 35
Kitsap
Master

@KA7NIQ wrote:

Firmware is current, no updates to be had. I want to thank everyone who tried to help me with this bad router., I am sending it back.

Whether or not the firmware is current was not the question. 

Did you perform a manual update of your firmware or is that what was on it when received?

Message 32 of 35
KA7NIQ
Tutor

The firmware was as I received the router. I did not perform any updates because it said firmware was current, and no updates were to be had.

The EBAY Seller sort of turned out to be a real POS. Said it was a working router, but PayPal sided with me, and since his listing clearly said that Returns were accepted until Feb 4th, he was forced to accept my return.

The Router is packed back into the box, awaiting the return shipping label I will print out, and return the router for a refund.

I have already purchased another router that will be here tomorrow.

I am not going to say I will never buy another NetGear Router, but to be real honest, their lack of support caught me totally by surprise! 

I have no fear of buying a NEW NetGear Router, or a used or refurbished one from an authorized re seller.

But never will I buy a used NetGear Router, from an  unauthorized re seller.

If not for this place, I would have been screwed, and I am in total appreciation of everyone who tried to help me!

Message 33 of 35
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya fleabay has been problematic for me for that last several years. I Stopped using them for a long time. 
I found a R9000 for fairly cheap recently, Thought it was going to be a good deal but the Seller forgot to put in the power adapter in the box. Never sent so he got negative feedback. Thankfully I had a spare to test the R9000 with and the router itself is good. I found a new power supply on amazon. 

I Think ebay would be better if there Sellers were help a bit more accountable. I've enjoy amazon and have found some good refurbs there in past couple of years. The XR1000 I got last year is solid and works well. 

Find you something for your needs. The R6000 series is getting older in age and IMO may not be developed on much longer. Same with some of the 7 and 8 series. Take a look at a MK or RAX system. Go from there. 

Need anything, were here. 

Message 34 of 35
Kitsap
Master

Timing is always important.  Some lessons cost more than others.  This one was inexpensive.

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7