Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6700V3 No Internet After Reboot from Initial Setup

SgtJake916
Aspirant

R6700V3 No Internet After Reboot from Initial Setup

I just hooked up my new R6700V3 router and after the initial setup I had internet access, but after a reboot of the router the WEB GUI shows the internet as Not Connected and can't get out, but the WAN light on the router is green. 

I reset the router to defaults a number of times and the same thing after the initial setup it works but if I reboot it or make any changes devices connected to the router can not access the internet.

I've tried older versions of firmware still no luck. Reapplied the current firmare a number of time still no luck. My existing older Netgear router has no problems working correctly. 

If I setup the router as an Access Point it works fine as all it is doing is passing the existing modem subnet through. Don't want to use it as an Access Point but want all the router functionally.

What would make the router work correctly after the inital setup and not after a reboot?

@netgear 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

@

If I setup the router as an Access Point it works fine as all it is doing is passing the existing modem subnet through. Don't want to use it as an Access Point but want all the router functionally.

This statement makes me think your existing modem isn't a modem. Its a modem/router combo device. Which can put you in a double nat and cause issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

What modem do you have? 

Have you placed it in bridge/modem only mode? 

Or placed the netgear's ip address in the modem/routers DMZ?

Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> I just hooked up my new R6700V3 router [...]

To _what_?

> I've tried older versions of firmware still no luck. Reapplied the
> current firmare [...]

As always, actual version numbers would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "current" today (or "older").

> If I setup the router as an Access Point it works fine as all it is
> doing is passing the existing modem subnet through. [...]

What is "the existing modem subnet"?  What is "the existing modem"?
Is your (unspecified) "the existing modem" a simple modem, or a
modem+router, or what?

> [...] My existing older Netgear router [...]

Not a very detailed desription of that device.

> [...] Don't want to use it as an Access Point but want all the router
> functionally.

Then use it with a modem, and not with a modem+router?

> What would make the router work correctly after the inital setup and
> not after a reboot?

I don't know.  But I can't see any of "the inital setup", either.

Message 3 of 5
SgtJake916
Aspirant

The modem is a Comcast XB6 modem/router combo, I understand the dual NAT issue but it doesn't explain why my other netgear router works just fine.

I also just tested a 1 year old TP-Link route and it works fine as a router as well.

I shouldn't need to place the modem into bridge mode. I'm not doing any port forwarding or routing between the internet and internal devices.

I tried adding the the Netgears IP to the DMZ on the modem and no change.

Message 4 of 5
Alycee
Aspirant

I had this issue and made the mistake of paying Netgear 80 bucks to troubleshoot my router since I dont have their "premium tech support package" and my device is still in warranty. Make sure your modem has internet (plug it into a laptop or desktop via ethernet) and try to connect if you can connect it is am issue with the router  alaskasworld

Plug your router into a laptop or desktop and go to the default gateway (192.168.1.1 or whatever the model says) In the router settings I had to do a MAC address clone. I changed the default MAC address and unplugged the router, then modem, waited 30 seconds and plugged them back in and they worked. Hopefully this works so you do not have to waste your money on their tech support! 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7