Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v2 Lost remote management access

dafish1900
Aspirant

R6700v2 Lost remote management access

I've used Remote Management for a few years without a problem. I have two Netgear router in two different homes and I sometimes need the remote management features. As I said has worked fine for some years using no-ip (ddns.net) services, enabling remote management for all, and selecting a unique port number. 

A week or so ago, while remotely managing, I upgraded" to the newest version V1.2.0.76_1.0.1 As soon as the upgrade was done, I could no longer access the remote management using the same IP address and port (MYADDRESS.ddns.et:MYPORT). I can still get to the router in the roundabout way through my VPN but the remote management is vastly preferred. So I know the router is functioning and the no-ip address is still functioning (by using the VPN and by other ports I use remotely for a camera etc.).

Using the VPN approach to get to the remote management of the remote router, I tried resetting the router a number of times, tried enabling/disabling/enabling... the remote management feature, and tried other port numbers. In all cases the attempt to connect to the remote management port times out.

I read a lot of stuff about Netgear patching some security holes in the recent release.

Any suggestions for why I suddenly have a problem? Did Netgear close off ALL remote management access? Close of some range of ports? Any clues?

Last resort, does anyone know where I can find the prior version of firmware to download (assuming it is even possible to "downgrade")?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
JustRay
Aspirant

Re: R6700v2 Lost remote management access

I am having the same exact problem.  Same model router as you and just did the latest firmware update.  Remote management broken!

Message 2 of 3
dafish1900
Aspirant

Re: R6700v2 Lost remote management access

No solutions yet. But I did find the older version if I want to downgrade back a version. Problem with that is I am remote from the router so a downgrade to the older version will, likely, reset all my configurations including enabling remote management and my VPN connection leaving me with no way to get back on the device remotely (right now, even with remote management lost, I still have a backdoor to the management of the router through the VPN connection - but that will likely be lost if the router resets all parameters after I downgrade NETGEAR - IS THAT THE CASE? I COULD USE SOME ADVICE HERE!!!)

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7