Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6900

nagsathya
Aspirant

R6900

I setup AC 1900(R6900) as wifi router using xifnity wifi router modem.  After that I bought new netgear xifity modem/router to replace my xifinity modem .  Now I am not able to reset my AC 1900 (R6900)  admin password.  Whenever I connect to netgear admin page it takes my new Netgear cable modem router.  I tried serveral times doing the factory reset and  it did not work.  Any help for this issue is apprciated. 

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: R6900

@nagsathya wrote:

The issue is I am not able to reset the my admin password for my Netgear Nighthawk R6900 using router login.  If I am able to do this  I can use my Netgear Nighthawk R6900 router as an extended wifi router for my second floor.  The issue is whenver I try to login my netgear roguter login page it picks up  only my first floor modem/router one.   How to resolve this?

You have two routers on your network. The unnamed xfinity wifi modem router and the R6900.

That arrangement means that you cannot use things like routerlogin.net to get into the controls.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You have already been offered ways around the issue. Essentially, put the R6900 into AP mode or bridge the modem/router.

Both suggestions need a wired connection between the modem/router and the R6900.

In other words, investigate how these things work and come up with a strategy that will do what you want.

I'm afraid that it is highly unlikely that someone will come up with a solution that gets things to work as they are now.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
microchip8
Master

You need to set the NETGEAR xfiniti modem/router in bridge mode and let the R6900 do the work

Message 2 of 6

@nagsathya wrote:

Whenever I connect to netgear admin page it takes my new Netgear cable modem router. 

That's because you have two routers on your network.

@microchip8 has the answer for you.

That, or put the R6900 in wireless access point (AP) mode.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 3 of 6
nagsathya
Aspirant

I have a  two floor house.  In the first floor I am using NETGEAR  MODEM/ROUTER( XFINITIY COMPATIABLE ONE).  I want to use this router for  first floor.  I have another spare  Netgear nighthawk  R6900 to use for second floor.  The issue is I am not able to reset the my admin password for my Netgear Nighthawk R6900 using router login.  If I am able to do this  I can use my Netgear Nighthawk R6900 router as an extended wifi router for my second floor.  The issue is whenver I try to login my netgear roguter login page it picks up  only my first floor modem/router one.   How to resolve this?

NOTE:  Router login page is not recoganizing the Netgear Nighthawk R6900 using serial number to rest the password

Message 4 of 6

@nagsathya wrote:

The issue is I am not able to reset the my admin password for my Netgear Nighthawk R6900 using router login.  If I am able to do this  I can use my Netgear Nighthawk R6900 router as an extended wifi router for my second floor.  The issue is whenver I try to login my netgear roguter login page it picks up  only my first floor modem/router one.   How to resolve this?

You have two routers on your network. The unnamed xfinity wifi modem router and the R6900.

That arrangement means that you cannot use things like routerlogin.net to get into the controls.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

You have already been offered ways around the issue. Essentially, put the R6900 into AP mode or bridge the modem/router.

Both suggestions need a wired connection between the modem/router and the R6900.

In other words, investigate how these things work and come up with a strategy that will do what you want.

I'm afraid that it is highly unlikely that someone will come up with a solution that gets things to work as they are now.

Message 5 of 6
nagsathya
Aspirant

AP mode resolved my issue.  Thanks for the solution

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements