Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6900P WiFi Connection Dropping

xraphael75
Aspirant

R6900P WiFi Connection Dropping

I am also having this same problem. I have firmware 1.3.3.148_10.1.82. Do we know of a firmware version that actually works?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: R6900P WiFi Connection Dropping

do all devices drop? Just a few?

When it drops, does is say "connected, no internet"?

Does it not see the wifi broadcasting at all? 

Does it broadcast but not be able to connect to? 

do wired devices have issues? 

Message 2 of 6
xraphael75
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply! Here are my responses:

do all devices drop? Just a few?

As far as I can tell, all devices drop. My phone says "WIFI Disconnected", one of the laptops loses WIFI connection and attempts to connect to a different WIFI.

When it drops, does is say "connected, no internet"?

No, the connection appears to completely break.

Does it not see the wifi broadcasting at all?

That appears to be the case

Does it broadcast but not be able to connect to?

I'm not sure how to check this. On my phone, the SSID of the network disappears and then comes back a few seconds later.

do wired devices have issues?

Wired devices have no issues at all.

One additional thing that may or may not be important. My network is set up like this:

• The router/modem provided by my ISP is a Smart/RG SR400ac. This device has wired and wireless, and the wireless has 2.4 and 5GHz networks. The 5GHz on the Smart/RG is on Channel 40, and the "Tx Power" is set to "22dBm (160mW)". It uses the 192.168.* network.
  • The only wired device plugged into the Smart/RG is the Netgear R6900P. All 3 of my wired devices are connected to the Netgear R6900P, and it uses the 10.0.* network. The Netgear R6900P has both 2.4 and 5GHz enabled also. The 5GHz is set to Channel 157, and the speed is set to "up to 1300 Mbps".
  • When I connect to the Smart/RG wireless 5GHz network, I never have any drops, but due to the location the wireless signal doesn't cover the entire house. I need the R6900P for full coverage.
  • I have a minimum of 6 devices that need wireless connections at any time.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

If you have the primary router from the isp running, does the R6900p's wifi stay working in AP mode? 

Message 4 of 6
xraphael75
Aspirant

If you have the primary router from the isp running, does the R6900p's wifi stay working in AP mode?

The primary router is always connected, both wired and wireless. The R6900P cuts in and out all day long. Sometimes it will go for 30 minutes to an hour and stay connected, but sometimes it will disconnect several times within a minute. It seems somewhat random. When the R6900P is working the speed is normal (400Mbps or so down, 100-200MBps up). It's like an on/off switch. It doesn't slow down and then turn off, it just instantly goes up and down.

Message 5 of 6

@xraphael75 wrote:

Yes.

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7