Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 - Cannot scan from HP MFP to Laptop. Works if both are wired to router but fails wirelessly.

stevenlastic
Follower

R7000 - Cannot scan from HP MFP to Laptop. Works if both are wired to router but fails wirelessly.

We have a R7000 wireless router that will not let us scan from a HP LaserJet Multi Function Printer (MFP), to a laptop that is connected wirelessly.  If we connect both the Laptop and the MFP to the router with ethernet cables, it works fine.  However, it we take that same laptop and unplug the network cable, and connect it wirelessly to the router, the HP complains that it is unable to find network path.   Nothing was changed other than going from a wired connection to a wireless connection on the laptop.

We are using \\computername\scanfolder for our network path.  If we change the network path to \\192.168.1.25\scanfolder, it works.   So I know that the MFP can access the laptop and save files there.  I suspect something with the DNS when wireless, but I just cannot figure it out.  Any help appreciated. TIA.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 - Cannot scan from HP MFP to Laptop. Works if both are wired to router but fails wireless

Something to ask the Mfr about since this is there product. They should know. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7