Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000: My SSD on ReadyShare became unaccessable 2 days ago

StanH
Tutor

R7000: My SSD on ReadyShare became unaccessable 2 days ago

I have been using an SSD drive connected to Readyshare on a Netgear R7000 router for making incremental backups. Readyshare is accessed from Macrium Reflect on Windows 10 each day at 9AM. The PC and router are connected by an Ethernet cable.

Starting 2 days ago I can no longer see Readyshare with file explorer. I can remember getting a popup message warning of an IP conflict about that time. I suspect a win10 update did something, but I don't know.

SMB1 settings are:
SMB1/CIFS Automatic removal UnChecked
SMB1/CIFS Client checked
SMB1/CIFS Server Checked

R7000 firmware version V1.0.11.126
Windows 10 Pro version V10.0.19045

What would explain this inaccessability of Readyshare from the PC and how might I fix it?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

@StanH wrote:

What would explain this inaccessability of Readyshare from the PC and how might I fix it?

Have you tried unplugging the USB drive and then reconnecting it?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@StanH wrote:

Have you tried unplugging the USB drive and then reconnecting it?

Message 2 of 4
StanH
Tutor

That was it, thanks. It was also necessary to restart the R7000:
unplug/plug       no
plugin 2nd SSD no
restart R7000    yes,  2nd SSD
plugin old SSD  no
plugin thumb dv no
plugin 1st SSD   yes, 1st SSD

Message 3 of 4
StanH
Tutor

Update: My backup program now accesses the original SSD on Readyshare correctly.

However, I neglected to say previously that when I plugged in the old/original SSD following viewing the 2nd SSD with File Explorer, Explorer continued to display the contents of the 2nd SSD. This even after refreshing the view in File Explorer. Readyshare was continuing to transmit the previous UBS contents. It took a restart of the R7000 before File Explorer could read  the current SSD correctly.

I wonder it this experience doesn't imply a programming issue. I expected that to plug in a new UBS drive would cause Readyshare to clear from its memory the contents of the old one - so that File Explorer could see the current SSD correctly.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7