Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Readyshare stops working

Harvinder
Tutor

R7000 Readyshare stops working

Hello,

I've been using the r7000 for a month now as an ACCESS POINT. For the most part, it works well. I have an issue where the admin interface becomes inaccessible via routerlogin.net and IP address - but that's a different story and may be caused by my ISPs modem/router(?).

The real problem is that I retired my old Windows desktop which was being used as a DLNA server (via Universal Media Server) and a 2-bay harddrive. I plugged that HD into the r7000 and all looks good (usb 2). When I start accessing the drive, transferring files to it or watching a movie via DLNA device it eventually stops working. The wifi itself doesn't stop though - other devices connected to it still have internet access.

Perhaps these two separate issues are related? I think this because they both work for a little while and then stop - within an hour.

I have the r7000 setup with a DHCP reservation at 192.168.0.2, ethernet plugged into the WAN port. The ISP router/gateway is 192.168.0.1.

Firmware Version
V1.0.4.30_1.1.67

Thanks in advance,

Harvinder

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Harvinder
Tutor

Re: R7000 Readyshare stops working

Hello,

Just wanted to close this issue.

It turns out, the issue was with a conflicting IP Address of the primary router. For some reason the router would use 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 for itself. I changed the IP on the r7000 and everything works extremlely well.

Harvinder

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Harvinder,

Can you try to use the beta firmware available for R7000?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-Beta-FW-1-0-5-62/m-p/1078114#U1078114

Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Harvinder,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 3 of 7
Harvinder
Tutor

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion and follow-up. There's a slight improvement but everything is not great yet.

Here's what I've tried:

-Purchased a new 4tb harddrive WDBFJK0040HBK-NESN and used the front usb 3.0 port

-I updated the firmware to the one you suggested - BETA FIRMWARE (1.0.5.62)

Results:

good news:

-I'm able to copy files to the attached drive over a long period of time, it doesn't fail like before, which is great.

bad news:

-The admin interface is much slower, each page takes 2-4 seconds longer than before. Sometime it fails to load until you wait for a while.

-The media server (uPNP/DLNA) is still hit and miss. It disconnects in the middle of playing movies/TV shows. Sometimes it fails to show up on devices at all.

Could you suggest anything else? Are there any other fixes coming down the pipe? It's sort of surprising that these features don't work as expected on such an otherwise great device. Could it be something I'm doing wrong?

Harvinder

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Harvinder,

Thank you for the feedback. Please try to reset the router first to factory default then manually reconfigure the device. Check again if same problem.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Harvinder,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 6 of 7
Harvinder
Tutor

Hello,

Just wanted to close this issue.

It turns out, the issue was with a conflicting IP Address of the primary router. For some reason the router would use 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 for itself. I changed the IP on the r7000 and everything works extremlely well.

Harvinder

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7