Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 boot problem after update

Ferri
Aspirant

R7000 boot problem after update

After the last update and reboot , the R7000 just stopped. I get a solid amber light and the other lights all come and go as if it is trying to reboot . Could not log in . Tried the TFTP method as the new firmware seemed to be the problem but it says failed to connect . Tried all 30/30/30 reset tricks with no luck. Tried pinging the router , the onlt response i get is only between the 9th and 11th second of plug in and then no response. I have tried to push the firmware by trying to time it , but no luck. The power led stays amber. The ethernet ports light up when I connect to laptop but can not figure hout how to connect . Any help is appreciated 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Ferri
Aspirant

Solved : THX for all the help . Not sure if any one else has ran into this problem . The power supply had been damaged somehow and even though it was putting out 12 vols, it coild not supply more than .5 amp at most .The power supply has to be capable of 3.5 amp. This was causing the router to boot once every 20 or 30 times of reset and then going off to solid amber after 310 to 20 seconds . Got a new power supply and it is running faster than ever .

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Ferri
Aspirant

Correction . The ping actually gets a response from the router at 1minute 42 second mark with 64ms response . Also once in a while all lights sjow up correctly including the power led turning from amber to white for a few seconds 

Message 2 of 4
antinode
Guru

> [...] Tried the TFTP method as the new firmware seemed to be the
> problem but it says failed to connect . [...]

Not a very detailed description of a multi-step procedure with
multiple variables.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1622096

> [...] I have tried to push the firmware by trying to time it , but no
> luck. [...]

Assuming that you're doing the TFTP stuff properly, that'd probably
be my best suggestion.  If you can't find a way to prod the router into
a mode where it will accept a TFTP load, then your last hope may be
opening the box ("Good-bye, warranty!"), and attacking it through its
serial port.  (A Web search should find details.)

Message 3 of 4
Ferri
Aspirant

Solved : THX for all the help . Not sure if any one else has ran into this problem . The power supply had been damaged somehow and even though it was putting out 12 vols, it coild not supply more than .5 amp at most .The power supply has to be capable of 3.5 amp. This was causing the router to boot once every 20 or 30 times of reset and then going off to solid amber after 310 to 20 seconds . Got a new power supply and it is running faster than ever .

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7