Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 dropping wifi signals - after downgrading firmware, can no longer login to admin

ronnie_toronto
Follower

R7000 dropping wifi signals - after downgrading firmware, can no longer login to admin

Hello,

I was having problem with wifi signal drops on my R7000 in AP mode with firmware:

V1.0.9.88_10.2.88

So I read up on this following thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-5-AC-Routers/R7000-Dropping-WIFI-Daily/m-p/1994286

Then, I downgraded to firmware:

v1.0.9.42

After the R7000 rebooted, I've been unable to login the the adminstration page. I get the following message:

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I have tried connecting an ethernet cable with a laptop to the router and login with "routerlogin.net", and it still gave me the same errror.

The router is working, as I've been able to connect to its wifi using the same SSID and password as before the firmware downgrade.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Message 1 of 2
microchip8
Master

Re: R7000 dropping wifi signals - after downgrading firmware, can no longer login to admin

You can try a factory reset. Press the reset button at the back for 10 seconds, then release and wait until the router has come back on. Can you connect to it now?
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7