Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 email not sent at correct time after daylight savings ended, F/W 1.0.7

IrvSp
Master

R7000 email not sent at correct time after daylight savings ended, F/W 1.0.7

My log came in one hour early today (Sunday Nov. 6th) and daylight savings time has ended early this morning on the East Coast of the US.

From the LOG still on the router:

[email sent to: icccc@rr.com] Sunday, Nov 06,2016 06:01:00

Should be sent at 7AM.

See Screen Captures (when they appear):

Capture.JPG

Which show when they should be sent.

Capture1.JPG

Which shows the PRESENT time as 6:44:46 AM and that DST should be adjusted. Yet log WAS sent at 6:01AM.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: R7000 email not sent at correct time after daylight savings ended, F/W 1.0.7

@searay wrote:

I did Nothing and today it arrived at 7am on time.

Mine too. Who knows why, probably an internal s/w flag didn't get properly set until the next time sync which happened well after I posted according to my log.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R7000 email not sent at correct time after daylight savings ended, F/W 1.0.7

My R8500 did same thing I would wait a day and or reboot on Monday

Message 2 of 6
IrvSp
Master

I suspect that a re-boot will be required. Obviously the router has the correct time.

It may not though? Suspect the mailing time was set using the DST setting at the time and it was internally set to 6AM during DST and added 1 hour as DST was set internally. Now when that flag was removed it sent it at 6AM but didn't account for the flag being turned off. Never set the time internally to 7AM but probably would have worked for some if it was set when DST flag was not on as it would have been handled properly. Pure speculation but if true then a reboot will not fix it either. Only a resetting of the mail delivery time, change it to something else and then reset it to the time you want. However, if this IS true, then the problem will re-appear next spring.

@ElaineM, @JamesGL, any comments?

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 4 of 6
IrvSp
Master

@searay wrote:

Mine too. Who knows why, probably an internal s/w flag didn't get properly set until the next time sync which happened well after I posted according to my log.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If that's the biggest problem Netgear had they'd be doing great.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7