Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 internet speed drops after firmware update

bbbf0621
Guide

R7000 internet speed drops after firmware update

I've been using R7000 with my 1Gbps internet service and able to reach up to 980Mbps+ until i upgraded my firmware to 1.0.6.28_1.1.83. Since then the speed reduced to around 550Mbps up and 800Mbps down. As you might aware enabling the traffic monitor of this machine will cap your bandwidth to 500Mbps for all firmware but it is not enabled in this case. 

I thought it was my settings so i made a factory reset but it didnt help too. Is anybody else having the same issue? Are there any solutions to this? Which firmware would you suggest for my situation provided that i want to use the open VPN package for smartphone. Thank you so much.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: R7000 internet speed drops after firmware update

The firmware you are running was pulled by Netgear a few weeks back, as there were a multitude of issues..  Go to NG site and download the most current on site - 1.0.4.30. When you have downgraded the firmware reset your router to factory default and reconfig router from scratch.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11

All Replies
netwrks
Master

The firmware you are running was pulled by Netgear a few weeks back, as there were a multitude of issues..  Go to NG site and download the most current on site - 1.0.4.30. When you have downgraded the firmware reset your router to factory default and reconfig router from scratch.

http://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx

Message 2 of 11
bbbf0621
Guide

Im down to 1.0.40 already. up speed is fine but the down speed still around 500Mbps, any ideas?

Message 3 of 11
netwrks
Master

Have you tested directly connected to your ISP modem, to see if you are getting you intended Internet speed?

Did you reset the R7000 to factory default after the downgrade? If you haven't, that would be a good starting point.

Message 4 of 11
bbbf0621
Guide

Yes i did them both but didnt work 😞 i also tested the cable but it isnt the problem either

Message 5 of 11
netwrks
Master

Just to clarify, you also tested directly connected to the modem with a laptop, and you did not see your expected upload speed?

Message 6 of 11
bbbf0621
Guide

i tested directly from ISP modem with a laptop the result turned fine. Then i tested connected to router and only the upload speed is fine, the download speed still halved with 1.0.40

Message 7 of 11
netwrks
Master

I know you said you tested the cable between router and modem, but I would suggest swapping the cable out for a CAT6 cable, and retest.

Message 8 of 11
bbbf0621
Guide

Yea, i will try that again during the weekend. Thank you so much for the help. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Thelvaen
Aspirant

Can you also check if the MAC address access control (in "Advanced/Security/Access Control") has been enabled or not?

I just figured out that it brings my traffic from 930~950Mbps to something arround 630Mbps.

Message 10 of 11
bbbf0621
Guide

Cat 7 solved the problem, im now back to 900Mbps. Thank you so much for the help.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7