Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 keeps dropping wifi connection

PChell
Initiate

re-connected my TalkTalk router, no problems for 2 days now, confirmed connection problems definitely the Netgear router.

So router was posted back today for a full refund.

When I attempted registration it responded with already registered? So unable to get the 3 months customer support.

Not being a computer geek I just wanted something that worked... but it didn't.

Message 26 of 29
JamesGL
Master

Hi Garyr51,

Try to reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it manually. Change the channel of both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Hi PChell,

If your device is D7000, I would suggest posting it under DSL modem.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Message 27 of 29
JamesGL
Master

Hi Garyr51,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 28 of 29
D3uB
Tutor

For future reference, I was having similar issues with the router rebooting itself while downloading large files, such as iOS updates in iTunes (2 GB+ file).  I tried resetting to factory settings and setting up again manually, but that didn't help.  What did help for me was disabling DoS Protection, as suggested by others already.  From the Advanced tab, go to Setup, WAN Setup, check the box marked "Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection" and click Apply.  I'm running the latest firmware, V1.0.9.6_1.2.19.  Of course, I'd like to keep the extra protection, but not at the expense of the ability to download large files!  It would be great if Netgear would fix the crash.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7