Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 not working with TP-LINK TL-SG1008D switch

speedracer25f
Aspirant

R7000 not working with TP-LINK TL-SG1008D switch

I have a r7000 nighthawk which works great wired and wirelessly.  I wanted to hard wire some devices in my house running Cat6 cable.  I installed the switch in my basement and I made new network cables.  I have a cable that goes from my R7000 down to the switch, and I ran my first cable from the switch to the media server in another room.  The light on the switch for the media server lights up like it is connected.  The light for the cable running to the R7000 does not light up.  For some reason the switch is not seeing the router. I have a tested and all the cable test fine on all 8 wires. I have tried multiple ports on both devices.  Cannot figure out why I am not getting a connection from the router to the switch.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
speedracer25f
Aspirant

Problem solved.  Do not ever buy RJ45 Connectors from china.  Even though my cables tested fine with the tester, I found that the cheap RJ45 connector was not seating properly in the port on the router.  I cut it off and put on a good quality one that I had and everything works fine.  Cheap chinese crap.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

When you say tested, do you mean with a network cable tester?

https://www.amazon.com/Vastar-Multi-functional-Network-Cable-Tester/dp/B01EA8P1OM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8...

I ran my own CAT5e cables in a house I bought 25 years ago and the cable tester helped.  All the cables I use now are factory made and CAT7.

Message 2 of 4
clithes
Prodigy

Which socket are you plugging the LAN cable into on your R7000 ?

Message 3 of 4
speedracer25f
Aspirant

Problem solved.  Do not ever buy RJ45 Connectors from china.  Even though my cables tested fine with the tester, I found that the cheap RJ45 connector was not seating properly in the port on the router.  I cut it off and put on a good quality one that I had and everything works fine.  Cheap chinese crap.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7