Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 orange light

Oliver2000
Aspirant

R7000 orange light

Hi I just bought a r7000 router and I set it up. The problem I am having is that when I turn it on all of the light go white except the light to the right of the power which goes orange I have tried a power reset factory reset everything but it won't go away I can connect to the wifi made by my router but everytime I connect to it there is no internet being provided when I go onto routerlogin.ner it says my IP is 0.0.0.0 on so plz help I have attached a photo of the light
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Which is a modem/router combo device. Putting you in a double nat situation. It'd also explain the light.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
2 easiest options?
1. place the netcomm in modem only/passthrough mode. contact your isp with help doing that to their device.
2. place the netgear in access point mode. it does disable some function but you'd still be able to use the wireless and ethernet ports. It'd just leave the netcomm in control of the routing functions.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you connect it to? 

That's kind of key as that led is the internet led. 

Message 2 of 4
Oliver2000
Aspirant

I'm connected to the NetComm nf10wv (the default one that came with the internet)
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Which is a modem/router combo device. Putting you in a double nat situation. It'd also explain the light.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
2 easiest options?
1. place the netcomm in modem only/passthrough mode. contact your isp with help doing that to their device.
2. place the netgear in access point mode. it does disable some function but you'd still be able to use the wireless and ethernet ports. It'd just leave the netcomm in control of the routing functions.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7