Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 slow speed on mobile devices

onetuff_z
Aspirant

R7000 slow speed on mobile devices

Backstory.. had 100 Meg internet thru ISP and would get that over WiFi easily. They gave me a free speed upgrade to 200 Meg and now my mobile devices (Android phones/tablets and apple phones/tablets) will not get more than 45-50 Meg download. My laptop will get 200+ on WiFi easily, but all of our mobile devices cannot get past 45-50 Meg.

I've tried changing between 2.4 and 5 GHz and no difference. I changed dns on router and still no difference. Also tried enabling and disabling ipv6 and still nothing. Even did a factory reset and reconfigured router and still nothing.

Called my ISP and they say it's not them. I tend to agree with them as I am not sure how they could throttle my mobile devices. Although it's odd that it worked perfectly fine until they upgraded my speed. I did call the ISP to see about downgrading back to 100 Meg to see if it would work but doing that would cause me to get a data cap (have unlimited now).

Anyone ever have experience with issues like this? Not really sure what to do next besides buy a new router, but my nighthawk is less than a year old.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
onetuff_z
Aspirant

Re: R7000 slow speed on mobile devices

Update. Just updated router firmware to newest version (V1.0.9.18_1.2.27) and issue went away. Appears it was a bug that has been resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
dmancier
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with my new R7000.  Mobile devices are getting around 40 mbs.  I still have an R6400, and when I plug it back in, the mobile device speed goes back to normal, about 140 mbs.  I'm probably going to go back to the R6400.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
onetuff_z
Aspirant

Update. Just updated router firmware to newest version (V1.0.9.18_1.2.27) and issue went away. Appears it was a bug that has been resolved.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7