Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 unstable after update to V1.0.11.136_10.2.120

Baker_Street
Aspirant

R7000 unstable after update to V1.0.11.136_10.2.120

Good evening all-

I have recently updated the firmware on my Nighthawk R7000 to the current download: V1.0.11.136_10.2.120 .

Now I am having to reboot the router multiple times each day!  Before the the update, I hadn't had to reboot for more than 4 months.  I need some help getting some stability in the WiFi.

The symptom is that the connection to phones, laptops, Alexa units, and Amazon Fire TV Stick will just drop.  The internet connection drops and it doesn't re-establish until I reboot the router.

Is there any thing I can do and remain at the firmware version, or do I need to roll back to an older one (is that even possible??).  I have no record of what the previous, very stable, version even was.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7000 unstable after update to V1.0.11.136_10.2.120

@Baker_Street wrote:

Now I am having to reboot the router multiple times each day!  Before the the update, I hadn't had to reboot for more than 4 months.  I need some help getting some stability in the WiFi.

The first thing to try after you have issues with new firmware is the dreaded reset.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies

@Baker_Street wrote:

The first thing to try after you have issues with new firmware is the dreaded reset.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 7
Baker_Street
Aspirant

Thank you.  I'll give that a go and let you know after a couple of days what the result is. 🙂

Is there any difference between pushing the reset button and using the command under backup settings in the advanced router settings "revert to factory settings?"  I'll use the button today.

Message 3 of 7

@Baker_Street wrote:

Is there any difference between pushing the reset button and using the command under backup settings in the advanced router settings "revert to factory settings?"  I'll use the button today.

Not really. I find that the router settings ensures that it work. The button can be picky about the timing.

Just keep your eye on the router's LEDs for signs that it is rebooting.

Message 4 of 7
Baker_Street
Aspirant

So far, so good.  It has been a whole day with no reset necessary.  Woo-Hoo!  I have my fingers crossed that it remains stable.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 7
Baker_Street
Aspirant

Thanks!  That is a good reminder.  I have done that now.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7