Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 - wirless turns off and won't turn back on

Sabster75
Initiate

R7000 - wirless turns off and won't turn back on

This is driving me nuts:

Quick note:  This has never happened until the latest firmware.  (I was going to downgrade and see what happens - but figured I'd make a post here first before doing that).

So here's what happened:  Seriously a year ago or so (when the latest firmware dropped), 3-6 months after updating my router my wireless with turn itself on - and no matter what I do, I can't get it to turn back on.  The only fix is to reset the router (via the pin hole in the back) and reset everything back up again. 

The second time this happened, I made a few changes back to the way it was (turning off SSID, changing the SSID name and password, mac address (plugged into a cable modem) etc...  readded my port forwarding stuff - and made a backup of the router settings.

And it happened again today.  I used the internal reset to factory default - and noticed it still had wireless turned off.  I tried loading the config and it was still off.  So, i took a pin to the reset button in the back, reset everything back to the way it was and wireless is magically back on....

So why do I keep having to reset via the pin hole to get wireless back on every 4-6 months?  Any suggestions?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: R7000 - wirless turns off and won't turn back on

There's known problem with the latest fw build.

Everyone with R7000 is advised to downgrade to 1.0.4.30 or use the beta firmware that can be searched in this forum.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

There's known problem with the latest fw build.

Everyone with R7000 is advised to downgrade to 1.0.4.30 or use the beta firmware that can be searched in this forum.

Message 2 of 4
Sabster75
Initiate

I noticed the website was showing 1.04 - and my router was 1.06; so I did in fact roll back and so far so good.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

Good for you buddy!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements