Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000P 5GHz wifi speed going down after a few days

Creatium
Guide

Let me answer anyway. No, I have not found any solutions, except to stop using the devices I am using. And that truly is not a solution to, probably, a software problem.

Tried contacting Netgear support, but no answer. Am really disappointed.

Message 26 of 29
Lozza6
Aspirant

Hi, my 2nd post was wrong but my first post did apply to this thread. I have the same problem as you.

The deleted post was responding to a 2nd thread here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/WiFi-speed-drops-every-few-days/m-p/1689322

Which doesn't solve the problem but there is a simple fix.

Log into the router then go to 'wireless' then click 'apply' at the top. This seems to restart just the WiFi portion of the router and then I got full WiFi speeds again. The speeds then slow down again over a few days so it's definitely not a solution, but at least it's a temporary fix and saves you having to restart the whole router.

Hope at least in the interim at least that helps you a bit. I'm going to keep an eye on it, but if there isn't a proper fix, I'm gonna return it under warranty.

Good luck!
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 27 of 29
Creatium
Guide

Thank you, that is really a better and faster option than restarting the router.

Message 28 of 29
Creatium
Guide

So my router just stopped working. Red power light, neither simple or hard reset works. I am returning it and probably going with TP-Link next time. 

Case closed.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7