Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P router dropping wifi and internet

Alex101
Aspirant

R7000P router dropping wifi and internet

My R7000P router which cost $300 has been giving me nothing but grief. Since I've had it for some reason it will drop wifi connection to my phone. It will drop connection to the internet. I've got the latest firmware and I've rebooted it. I've sperated both channels so i can log on to each each individual channel, one named 2ghz and 5ghz.
At random times my phone will lose connection and it will start using my 4G as it should. I have an apple tv box wired into the router and it too will lose comms.
The router will be stable most of the time but every day at random it will drop off my phone or lose internet, eventually it sorts itself out without me interfering but this is starting to get frustrating.
Should i return the box for a refund?
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: R7000P router dropping wifi and internet

Yes and get something totally different from another vendor. 

Netgear has had the same firmware issues across all models for months now with no fixes in site . 

All support does is say reset and reconfigure for every issue someone opens. Never make effort to figure out what is happening. 

Got a r8000p cheap should someone be stupid enough to want it. 

IMHO Netgear = Crap.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Alex101, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Try resetting the router and reconfigure it to get back the connection. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
myersw
Master

Yes and get something totally different from another vendor. 

Netgear has had the same firmware issues across all models for months now with no fixes in site . 

All support does is say reset and reconfigure for every issue someone opens. Never make effort to figure out what is happening. 

Got a r8000p cheap should someone be stupid enough to want it. 

IMHO Netgear = Crap.

Message 3 of 5
Alex101
Aspirant

I reset the router back to default and updated the firmware to the latest version currently available. The issue still remains.
This is getting a little frustrating. Does netgear know why this happens?
Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi Alex101, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Try resetting the router and reconfigure it to get back the connection. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

@Blanca_O

Doesn't Netgear have any better answers then reset and reconfigure. That gets old for the end user quickly. In my experience with numerous routers, is if the firmware is right then the router will just run for months at a time, not just a few hours or days. My recent examples are my Asus rt-ac86u running Merlin firmware and the Netgear r7800 running LEDE. These routers just run and can be put on shelf and forgotten unlike the piece of junk R8000P I was lucky enough to sell. The rt-ac86u and r7800 with LEDE will run for months they way they are. The r7800 with Netgear firmware had issues by the way, before you ask. Have been envolved with routers since by first WRT54G back in 2006 so have seen a lot of them over the years. 

Netgear needs to invest some money in their firmware engineers as it seems the current ones cannot fix issues that have been going on for months. 

Just my $.02

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7