Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7300 DST, QOS, Automatically update performance optimization database fails

ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R7300 DST, QOS, Automatically update performance optimization database fails

Will you experience problem when you stay on the 1.0.0.45 fw?

Message 26 of 142
sand1
Aspirant

Re: R7300 DST, QOS, Automatically update performance optimization database fails

Hello all,  

I am having the same issue updaing the QoS database.  Is there a fix for this yet?  

Message 27 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sand1 Kindly check your inbox. 

Message 28 of 142
bluxnj
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Current firmware V1.0.0.46_1.0.13, current QOS DB v1.46,1.0.26.

Message 29 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@bluxnj Kindly check your inbox too. 

Message 30 of 142
EarlCalvin
Aspirant

Having the same issues.

Message 31 of 142
EarlCalvin
Aspirant

Sorry forgot info. Firmware Version V1.0.0.46_1.0.13   Current Performance Optimization Database on Router Version: v1.46,1.0.26

Message 32 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@EarlCalvin Check your inbox. 

Message 33 of 142
JJ-AA-SS
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue and I've updated to the latest version of code (Firmware Version
V1.0.0.46_1.0.13). 

Current Performance Optimization Database on Router
Version: v1.46,1.0.26
Release Date: 2015/03/08
Message 34 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JJ-AA-SS Check your inbox too.

Message 35 of 142
strubinsky
Guide

I venture to disagree!

I received my replacement, updated to V1.0.0.46_1.0.13

and received:

Detection Database Update Assistant

A New Detection Database is Found. Do You Want to Upgrade to the New Version Now?
Current Detection Database Version:v1.46
New Detection Database Version:v1.80

r7300_20170108_a.gifr7300_20170108_b.gif

Message 36 of 142
jphall69
Aspirant

Has this problem been rectified?

I have the latest firmware.  Cannot update the performance optimization database.

Thank you

Message 37 of 142
strubinsky
Guide

I am waiting for ElaineM. She has a beta version - I think - that fixes the problem.

What surprises me is that this product appeared the first time around a year ago. I know for a fact, that the update did not work and assumed that there was none since the update function failed back then while it now tells you what version you could have but -naa-na-na-na-naaa-naaa- will not get. You can watch, but not download.

I would have hoped that this problem -which seems common for the r7300dst- would have been fixed after 1 year. But it is not. This router seems to be treated like the red-haired orphan since you won't even get any kind of support through the normal channels but only through the GeekSquad who is too geeky to even know that they are supposed to support this router. I found that out via phone and in person.

I wished it would receive some TLC from the Netgear geeks! Its OS can also not be replaced with the DD-WRT as opposed to many others of this family and I have the feeling that the hardware can support way more than it does momentarily.

Message 38 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@strubinsky Did you receive the beta yet? 

Message 39 of 142
strubinsky
Guide

The link from dec must have expired.  I received a 404

Message 40 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@strubinsky Just sent you another link.

Message 41 of 142
Todd1981
Initiate

This is ridiculous. You can't post the fix to this? You have to secretly message everyone or pass it off to geek squad who can't fix it either. I paid 300 for this junk that supposedly had a ddwrt port which obviously doesn't.
Message 42 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We follow certain procedures in providing the beta firmware. 

I apologize for any inconvenience. Anyhow, I have sent a copy to your inbox. 

Message 43 of 142
jphall69
Aspirant

May I please get the beta as well?

Thank you
Message 44 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jphall69 Kindly check your inbox. 

Message 45 of 142
Straybullet18
Aspirant

Also having this issue.

Message 46 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Straybullet18 Check your inbox. 

Message 47 of 142
strubinsky
Guide

The version Elaine offers did solve the update problem. But the router asks now every time if I want to update to a newer shinier newer version. I was on this newer version and it had the bug for which we all come here for to begone.

My question is now: How will we know when it's time to get back into the herd and rejoin the production codebase? What we have is beta and well, beta is not fully tested-. I have had some strange experiences, but they may very well be the result of a privacy software that I loaded pretty simultaneously with the beta. So it can very well be that our firmware is just fine but my privacy thingi may be momentarily a bit too paranoid.

Concluding: How can we find out when there will be a version that is PRD status and openly available AND has our problem fixed and we should give into the (well meant and appreciated) nagging of our router to go get the newest firmware??

Message 48 of 142
NYHAMMER
Aspirant

@ElaineM

Can I have the link as well?

Thanks

Message 49 of 142
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@strubinsky The latest FW was not a maintenance release FW but it was just a fix firmware for the security vulnerability issue.

We will be releasing a new firmware soon that contains the fix for both.

Message 50 of 142
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7