Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500 Status Page Issue

DaveyG
Guide

R7500 Status Page Issue

Hi

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this. It appears that the Statistics shown for the router

under Advanced -> Internet are transposed ?  (TxPkts/Tx B/s and RxPkts/Rx B/s) for

WLAN a/n/ac Port information.

This is based on what I'm seeing for the other Ports.

Example :-

Port                Status                  TxPkts          RxPkts         Tx B/s        Rx B/s

WAN                   1000M/Full         14320749     28424524       14322         24391

LAN  1/2/3/4       1000M/Full          6921238       5518032         24391        17454

WLAN b/g/n           600M                  59432          41246             124             35

WLAN a/n/ac       1733M                   7671               2             3529290        248

I have omitted the Collisions column ( All 0)

I cannot see how the WLAN a/n/c port is transmitting 3.5 Million B/s approx.

I may be totally wrong. Any thoughts ?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi @DaveyG,

Perform a factory reset on the device. But before doing it make sure to save first a backup of your settings. After the reset, manually configure the router and check of you get the same status. If not, try loading the backup configuration and check if it has the same status.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
rpoffen
Virtuoso

I would say that with a total of only 7671 packaets, the sample size is too small to get an accurate calculation for the rate, depending on the resolution of the timer used internally.

Message 2 of 6
DaveyG
Guide

Thank you for your reply.

It looks as though your correct. Which concerns me.

I am assuming packets received/transmitted should be approximately the same as that shown on the 2.4G band based on the following :-

There is an EX7000 range extender attached to the 5G band with a PC,Sky Receiver and Audio Streamer attached.

Also on the 5G band are 2 Xbox 1 and a Laptop.

I would have thought that the packets Transmitted / Received would be in the thousands rather than the figures shown.

I have just had another look at the stats and they are currently (Tx:304000 / Rx:2) The interface has been up for 5 hours approximately.

I turn off the radio overnight on a schedule.

The EX7000 alone is connected at 1200 MB/s so I am assuming the traffic from the devices attached to this would be considerably higher

than those shown.

The Laptop I am using is also attached to 5G (connected at 300MB). So I am wondering where all the packets transmitted from this are going ?.

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi @DaveyG,

Perform a factory reset on the device. But before doing it make sure to save first a backup of your settings. After the reset, manually configure the router and check of you get the same status. If not, try loading the backup configuration and check if it has the same status.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
DaveyG
Guide

JamesGL

Thank you for your reply. The R7500 has pretty much displayed the status information as shown since I had it.

I have performed a factory reset on each firmware update as per Netgears recommendation. I manually reconfigure the router after a firmware update.

I may have wrongly assumed this was possibly a common problem, hence, my post to the community. 

As stated in my previous post I do switch "off" the radio overnight. Hence I am only looking at a maximum of a days traffic on the wireless interfaces. 

I just took another look at the stats on WLAN a/n/ac TxPkts:16400 RxPkts:2 (over a 4 hour period). I have noticed that the TxPkts is incrementing at a fairly slow rate. the RxPkts appear static.

Message 5 of 6
DaveyG
Guide

JamesGL

I decided to reapply the latest firmware update 1.0.0.94 and hardware reset the router. I also switched off all devices physically attached to the router via the Network ports and restarted the Internet connection.

This appears to have done the trick. TxPkts and RxPkts are now incrementing as expected.

Thank you for your advice. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series