Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7500 System Time Not Correct

soyee7
Apprentice

R7500 System Time Not Correct

The system time on my Netgear R7500 Router is not correct and is reading Dec 31st, 1969.  I have a static IP set using googles DNS servers, I have attempted reseting the router to the factory image, downgrading then re-upgrading to the latest firmware, several reboots, etc...  There is no NTP setting on the router itself so I am pretty much stuck with no way to correct the system time. I am trying to use the VPN on the router it is not working properly and I am betting this likely has to do with the time being off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sasan

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
soyee7
Apprentice

I was able to fix this on my own by doing the following.

Who needs Netgear support when I can have free root access to the box 🙂  I wanted to install NTPD onto the busybox system, but I could not get he package to install. Has anyone else had experience with this?

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

what model modem and how is the r7500 connected to it

Message 2 of 12
soyee7
Apprentice

It is an AT&T (PACE) 5268AC Router/Modem. The R7500 is connected to it like so:

Internet POP (Fiber) > 5286AC WAN Port IN >  5286AC LAN Port OUT > R7500 WAN Port IN 

Funny thing is, i have a Netgear R6200 running in AP-Mode for my upstairs connected to the LAN port of the R7500 and it is able to pull the correct system time.

Message 3 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

is pace in bridge mode if not 7500 should be in AP mode

Message 4 of 12
soyee7
Apprentice

Yes, the Pace router is in Bridge mode, so the R7500 has my Public IP.

Message 5 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok,

Why a static IP and google DNS? AT&T not working?

Message 6 of 12
soyee7
Apprentice

I use a static IP because the field I am in requires that I have one. I switched to Google's DNS for troubleshooting purposes, AT&T DNS works fine. It doesnt matter which DNS I choose the time issue still exists.

Message 7 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

AT&T uses DHCP for IP ? Why use static?

Did they assign you a static IP

Message 8 of 12
soyee7
Apprentice

They perform a DHCP Reservation for my account. At a later date they will assign a true static IP to my account just as they do with business lines. I can use both static or dynamic on my R7500 and it makes no difference, the time problem still exists, I have tried both ways. I have to use a static IP as well because I want to use the VPN feature of my R7500 and I do not want to use Dynamic DNS.

Thanks,

Sasan

Message 9 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just trying to understand the reasons. If you haven't already contacted support you should and open a case for this. Or try a different FW version.

Good Luck with it.

Message 10 of 12
soyee7
Apprentice

I feel like having to pay for support to fix somthing that is less than a year old is not good business practice, so I was hoping to find a solution here. 

Message 11 of 12
soyee7
Apprentice

I was able to fix this on my own by doing the following.

Who needs Netgear support when I can have free root access to the box 🙂  I wanted to install NTPD onto the busybox system, but I could not get he package to install. Has anyone else had experience with this?

Good Luck!

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7