Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 2,4 GHz is not working, but 5 GHz is fine. (I don´t see 2,4 Ghz on my devices).

Zidar
Aspirant

R7800 2,4 GHz is not working, but 5 GHz is fine. (I don´t see 2,4 Ghz on my devices).

Hi,

I have R7800 3 weeks. All was fine but two days ago began problem with 2.4 GHz (without upgrades/configurations). I don't see 2,4 GHz on my devices (5 GHz is fine). I did a reset on the router (I've changed the channel too) but I didn't solve the problem.
I hope you can help me with a solution.

firmware: V1.0.2.28

THX

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7800 2,4 GHz is not working, but 5 GHz is fine. (I don´t see 2,4 Ghz on my devices).

Hi Zidar,

Try changing the channel of the 2.4Ghz network.

Make sure SSID broadcast is checked.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies

Re: R7800 2,4 GHz is not working, but 5 GHz is fine. (I don´t see 2,4 Ghz on my devices).

Message 2 of 7
Zidar
Aspirant

Yes, I did. The WiFi LEDs still light.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Zidar,

Try changing the channel of the 2.4Ghz network.

Make sure SSID broadcast is checked.

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Zidar,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 7
Zidar
Aspirant

THX, 

I changed the channel of the 2.4Ghz network and all is OK. 🙂
The problem is when I set channel to auto channel.

Message 6 of 7

Well done. You aren't the first person to stumble across that one.
It would be interesting to know why the "auto" setting can cause problems. Maybe it is because of local interference, or because with wifi clients have problems.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7