Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 parental control with Nighthawk app

youdue
Tutor

R7800 parental control with Nighthawk app

I bought the R7800 because of the parental control. Now that Netgear Genie is not supported anymore and Disney Circle does not support the R7800, the parental control does not work anymore. Any chance this device can still do what I bought it for?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
JoseAndres041
Luminary

Use Desktop Genie app.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @youdue,

Welcome to the community!

You can always use the desktop (PC and Mac) version of the Genie app and manage your LPC settings from there. You download it from here.

Dexter

Message 2 of 10
JoseAndres041
Luminary

Use Desktop Genie app.

Message 3 of 10
youdue
Tutor

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for your answer, but the Genie app is not available anymore. Your link sends to the Disney Circle which does not support my router.

Message 4 of 10
youdue
Tutor

I should have read it all. At the bottom I found the link to the desktop app.

Message 5 of 10
becharski
Initiate

It is way inconvenient to use the desktop app. It now takes minutes instead of seconds on the phone. Are the going to bring that functionality back to the phone app? I've gotten several people to buy this router because of that functionality alone
Message 6 of 10
earthsound
Star

If you have an Android device you need to install the older 3.1.74 version of the Genie app to maintain the ability to connect to your router and configure the OpenDNS based Access Control settings for attached devices. 

Message 7 of 10
youdue
Tutor

I cannot agree more to that. And moreover I can't make it work even with the desktop app. The filter does not work anymore.

Message 8 of 10
9idahobirds
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue with my R8000. The net genie app said it is no longer compatible and made me upgrade to Nighthawk. Unfortunately, the nighthawk app isn't allowing me to pause the internet on any of my devices. It is useless to me if I don't have that parental control from my phone. I can use the pc version, because I'm often doing it remotely. Has anyone had this same issue and know of a solution to make the pause toggle button actually work?

Message 9 of 10
JoseAndres041
Luminary

@9idahobirds Pause is working. There's a new version of nighthawk app though.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7