Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7900P Firmware Version V1.4.4.94_1.3.56 Reserved Address issues

DASty
Aspirant

R7900P Firmware Version V1.4.4.94_1.3.56 Reserved Address issues

I can't seem to get the Address Reservation to work as instructed.  When I am on the LAN Setup page, no devices are listed under the Address Reservation bar.  The Help says:

To reserve an IP address:

1. Click the Add button.
  2. Select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
  3. If the computer is not on the Address Reservation Table, enter the IP address, MAC address, and device name of the computer you wish to add.
  4. Click the Add button when finished

To edit a reserved IP address:

1. Select the radio button next to the reserved address you want to edit.
  2. Click the Edit button.
  3. Edit the IP address, MAC address, or device name.
  4. Click the Accept button when finished.

To delete a reserved IP address:

1. Select the radio button next to the reserved address you want to delete.
  2. Click the Delete button.

To save or cancel changes:

Click Apply to save the new settings to the router.
Click Cancel to discard any unsaved changes.

Since there were no devices listed, I clicked "ADD", and then it displays a list of devices.  However, there is no "Delete" or "Edit" button to change any of the devices that are listed.

How am I supposed to Delete or Edit any of the devices that are already there?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to roll back to last FW version that worked. We passed this on to NG however since the 7900 series went into EoL status, NG doesn't seem willing to fix this. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Wi-Fi-5-AC-Routers/Top-NETGEAR-FAQs-Support-and-End-of-Se...

Message 2 of 3

@DASty wrote:

I can't seem to get the Address Reservation to work as instructed.  When I am on the LAN Setup page, no devices are listed under the Address Reservation bar. 

If you can't get it to work on the router, depending on what you want to achieve, an alternative is to go to the device that you want to fix and tell that to use your preferred IP address. This can work with things like printers and NAS boxes.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7