Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 - Cannot administer router via wired connection

jbrandibas
Aspirant

R8000 - Cannot administer router via wired connection

I have logged a support ticket, but I figured I would throw my question out here as well.

I just got a new R8000 today and went to set it up, but I can't seem to administer the router through the wired network.  I have tried all the addresses from the manual

www.routerlogin.net

www.routerlogin.com

http://192.168.0.1

http://192.168.1.1

None of those work...on the wired network.

Now, if I log in to the wireless network, all administration works just like it should.  I can attach straight to any of the addresses above, with the exception of the 192.168.0.1, as that is not my subnet.  I have been able to configure all of the bands, setup internet connectivity and security settings.  No problem. The wired machines can connect to the internet fine and they show up correctly on the LED's of the router (the printer is only a 100Mb connection, so shows up amber, all the rest are white).  But I still cannot access the router directly using a wired connection.  

Is there some setting I am missing that would cause this?  If it wasn't for my laptop, I would have been in trouble, because none of my wired machines could access it.

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 - Cannot administer router via wired connection

Message 11 of 13

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

Do you have any antivirus software like Kaspersky on your wired computers?

Message 2 of 13
n750dave
Tutor

Under the "Advanced" menu, go to "Advanced Setup," then to "IPv6."  At the right side of the page there is a pull-down menu... set it to "Pass Through" and click the green "Apply" button.  Now try to administer the router using any one to the addresses you listed.  This worked for me.

Message 3 of 13
jbrandibas
Aspirant

I do have Kaspersky, but I tried pausing protection and that didn't help.  

Message 4 of 13
jbrandibas
Aspirant

When I get home, I will give the IPV6 solution a try.

Message 5 of 13
storm1985
Prodigy

@jbrandibas if you have a license key of Kaspersky keep a copy then uninstall the software access the UI then reinstall it again UI is working. Let us know what fix the issue if it is IPv6 or Kaspersky

Message 6 of 13
n750dave
Tutor

What ended up happening?
Message 7 of 13
jbrandibas
Aspirant

Still not working but I am almost 100% certain it is my antivirus firewall.  Oddly enough if I turn off protection, it still won't let me access it.  I use Kaspersky, and a few people have said that they wound up un-installing it and it would let them access the router page.  That seems a bit excessive to me, I would rather fine out why the firewall is blocking it.

Message 8 of 13
jbrandibas
Aspirant

Thsi is what I get in the browser:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
The connection to 192.168.1.1 was interrupted.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Message 9 of 13
jbrandibas
Aspirant

Well, I finally gave in and uninstalled Kaspersky.  That fixed it, so I can access the admin page now, but I don't ahve a virus scanner.  Anyone know what it could be that it is blocking?

Message 10 of 13
JamesGL
Master

Hi jbrandibas,

Please try the steps on the KB article below.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30012/~/unable-to-access-r8500-with-kaspersky-installe...

Message 11 of 13
storm1985
Prodigy

@jbrandibas Once you can access the UI you can reinstall the Antivirus software and UI will still be accessible. 

Message 12 of 13
jbrandibas
Aspirant

This worked, thanks so much.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements