Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 cant reach 1000mb

Sharonshriki
Follower

R8000 cant reach 1000mb

Hi all, i have upgraded to 1 gigabit fiber and connected a cat 5e frome the fiber to eth receiver. When i test the speed from the router i can only download 230 mb. In netgear document it written that wan port can support 1000 mb. Please advise. Regards, sharone.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000 cant reach 1000mb

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. what firmware version are you on? 

3. how are you testing speeds? don't use the built in speedtest on the app/gui. Use one hosted on a hardwired pc/laptop. Reason why is the built in one doesn't always choose the best test server

4. Make sure qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls are all disabled. If you'd had them enabled and disabling doesn't help, factory reset the router. Then during the reinstall (not from a backup), make sure to leave those services disabled. 

Message 2 of 4
nnagreg
Apprentice

Here are a couple of ideas for you:

#1  Check to ensure that you are using the SPEEDTEST from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). I'd suggest searching or looking up your specific ISP speed test,  this can make a significant difference.

And as Recommended in the previous response

#2  Try using the Built-in SPEEDTEST under the menus  ->  BASIC  -> Dynamic QoS  -> TAKE a SPEEDTEST

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There is a known issue with the built in speed test on some NH routers not reporting accurate results. 

Recommend using Ooklas installable speed test app on a wired PC:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-X6-R8000-not-getting-gigabit-speed...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7