Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 issues after resetting to factory defaults

tylernealis86
Aspirant

R8000 issues after resetting to factory defaults

I pushed the reset button on the back of the router and now I cannot "configure the internet connection". I can't get into the user interface. Every time I open internet explorer it takes me to routerlogin.net and I cannot complete the process.

I honestly don't think it's a problem with the internet since it was working fine before the reset.

I performed the reset when the internet connection did not return after I restored the factory defaults inside the router interface.

Hope this makes sense to someone?

Thanks in advance for any help
Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
tylernealis86
Aspirant

Re: R8000 issues after resetting to factory defaults

All thanks for the input but it started working after the fourth reset.

The only thing different this time was I disconnected the power to my firestick so that nothing was trying to access the wifi while it was coming online..

Not sure why the reset worked after I unplugged the firestick but thats all I did??

Again thanks for the input and the willingness to help me out. I appreciate the forum... much more than netgear since you have to pay to talk to tech support, but whatever....

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 19

All Replies
tylernealis86
Aspirant

Also the Internet light on the router is red
Message 2 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? 

How are you connnected to the NG router? WIred LAN cable PC is recommended. 

Is your connected PC getting an IP address from the router? if so, what is the IP address the PC is getting? Look in status of the network adapter or do a IPCONFIG /all in a command line. 

Be sure your PC is set for automatic obtain IP addressing and not static IP addressing. 

Message 3 of 19
William10a
Master

If you did a reset and reach the login page try admin for the username and password for the password you may have reset the router back default before you set it up via a lan cable and a computer not wifi as the wifi will have the pre programmed username and passphrease they were on a sticker on the router will not be online or in the manual.

What lights are lighting up and what color?

Message 4 of 19

Take the R8000 through all the steps in the setup process describe in the Quick Start guide.

R8000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The order and timing are important.

Message 5 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Any update on this>? 

@tylernealis86 wrote:
I pushed the reset button on the back of the router and now I cannot "configure the internet connection". I can't get into the user interface. Every time I open internet explorer it takes me to routerlogin.net and I cannot complete the process.

I honestly don't think it's a problem with the internet since it was working fine before the reset.

I performed the reset when the internet connection did not return after I restored the factory defaults inside the router interface.

Hope this makes sense to someone?

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 6 of 19
William10a
Master

I hope that they get the router set up and their internet back.

Message 7 of 19

tylernealis86 seems to have disappeared. First the question, then the follow up with more information. After that, nothing. Perhaps they fixed it and haven't bothered to tell us.

Message 8 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

Modem is surfboard SB6183

I was connected to the router through a patch cable when I was trying to troubleshoot last night.

Not sure where to look for IP address after I ran the IP config.  I can access the internet if I connect directly to the modem via ethernet cable.

Message 9 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

I cannot reach the login page, I am stuck trying to get through the netgear genie that pops up automatically everytime I try to open the internet browser.

all lights are white except the internet light which is blinking amber when it is connected to the modem..

Message 10 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be good with the SB6183. Same modem I have connected with my R7800. 

IP address of the router should be 192.168.1.1 and accessible from the router side with a LAN cable connected PC or wireless laptop. 

Use IE11, FF or Opera browser to connect to it. 

Be sure your PC is set up for automatic IP address assignement. 

Message 11 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

I followed the steps in the guide exactly and still same issue persists

Message 12 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

Sorry it took me so long to respond I am on east coast so I went to sleep after I posted last night around 10 pm. Just got back home from work so I am back at it again... I will for sure update if I figure it out.

Message 13 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Besure your PC is set for automatic IP addressing. 

Disconnect the router from the modem temporarily and do a factory reset. Before you attempt to log in, do a IPCONFIG /all and see if your PC is getting an IP address from the router and the gateway should be 192.168.1.1.

Message 14 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

disconnected and performed another restart.

I confirmed that PC is set for automatic IP addressing.

I ran the command prompt and for the wireless Lan adapter WiFi  for media status it states media disconnected?  Is this where it would show me the IP address if it was receiving it?

Also after the restart the moment I plugged in the cable from the modem the internet light started blinking amber..

Message 15 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

sorry for the confusion I did the IPConfig when I was plugged into modem. 

When I did it while trying to be connected via wireless it stated DNS servers 192.168.1.1 and same for the gateway so it does seem to be getting the IP from the router..

Message 16 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so it seems the router is working with the PC.

I would do this. Keep the PC connected wired to the router and the router connected to the modem. Don't use wireless on the PC. Disable the wireless radio on the PC if you can. Power off both router and modem for 30 seconds. Power ON the modem first and let it sync with ISP serivce.  Power on the router about 1 minute after the modem was powered on. Wait for about 1 minute and see if your PC will connect to the router at 191.168.1.1. It should. Use IE11 or FF or Opera browsers. It should bring up the log in page or if you did a factory reset, it should start the setup process which you can walk thru or manually set up the router. I recommend using the set up wizard. 

Message 17 of 19
tylernealis86
Aspirant

All thanks for the input but it started working after the fourth reset.

The only thing different this time was I disconnected the power to my firestick so that nothing was trying to access the wifi while it was coming online..

Not sure why the reset worked after I unplugged the firestick but thats all I did??

Again thanks for the input and the willingness to help me out. I appreciate the forum... much more than netgear since you have to pay to talk to tech support, but whatever....

Message 18 of 19
William10a
Master

You will need to change the routers ip address to something like 192.168.1.2

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements