Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000P firmware V1.4.1.66_1.3.26 buggy

Wallie
Tutor

R8000P firmware V1.4.1.66_1.3.26 buggy

Just prompted to update the R8000P router firmware to V1.4.1.66_1.3.26.

After the update, the GUI is totally mess up. The attached device list page has missing icons and also the sort by "type", "IP" or "MAC addr" does not work anymore.

I tried to look for firmware release info for V1.4.1.66_1.3.26, but this version is not listed on the download center page.

Anyone has this issue?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
davek3
Guide

I had similar problems with this latest firmware update, including being unable to use my Nighthawk App. The solution that worked for me was 1) to do a factory reset on the router, 2) change the DNS Addresses as follows: Primary 8.8.8.8 (Google), and Secondary 4.2.2.2, and finally 3) uninstall and re-install my Nighthawk App on my iPhone. Note that my router had been set to get my DNS Address automatically from my ISP. Together, these simple steps solved all of my router problems relating to this latest firmware update. Hope this helps you, too.

View solution in original post

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5

All Replies
davek3
Guide

I had similar problems with this latest firmware update, including being unable to use my Nighthawk App. The solution that worked for me was 1) to do a factory reset on the router, 2) change the DNS Addresses as follows: Primary 8.8.8.8 (Google), and Secondary 4.2.2.2, and finally 3) uninstall and re-install my Nighthawk App on my iPhone. Note that my router had been set to get my DNS Address automatically from my ISP. Together, these simple steps solved all of my router problems relating to this latest firmware update. Hope this helps you, too.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
Wallie
Tutor

@davek3 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give it a shot after this. BTW, did the attached device list get sorted correctly in the 192.xx. GUI?

- wal

Message 3 of 5
davek3
Guide

Yes, they did. The whole GUI changed back to what I knew previously after the router's factory reset--including IP addresses going back to 192.168... from 10.10... I think Netgear should add to their firmware update instructions doing a factory reset as a last step. I've had to do this on each of the last 2 firmware updates.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
Wallie
Tutor

@davek3 wrote:

Yes, they did. The whole GUI changed back to what I knew previously after the router's factory reset--including IP addresses going back to 192.168... from 10.10... I think Netgear should add to their firmware update instructions doing a factory reset as a last step. I've had to do this on each of the last 2 firmware updates.

The factory reset works and clear the problem with the GUI.   Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7