Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000p can't update firmware

KennyG944
Star

I got a replacement r8000p.   Will be shipping back my defective one tomorrow.    Currently the replacement has 1.4.1.42.   I had heard that 1.4.1.62 had some issues and now 1.4.1.64 is out.   Not sure if I wanna try to upgrade to that one or not.   Anyone have any experience with 1.4.1.64 yet?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 51 of 197
BobStevenson
Apprentice

Same boat as you....suggest reading this: 

R8000P FIRMWARE ISSUE ONGOING

Message 52 of 197
dvs_xerxes
Guide

I endup getting a rma for my router and I footed the bill for shipping. I was able to updated to the newest firmware V1.4.1.62 then eventualy to V1.4.1.64 on the replacement router with no issue. Im not too impressed with the the router and will look to an other brand when I upgrade to wifi 6.

Message 53 of 197
chesh3
Guide

I have this exact same issue.  I am unable to update firmware.  I tried doing this as the router is assigning duplicate IP addresses.  Is there an estimated time to resolve this?

Message 54 of 197
vinceroebuck
Apprentice

Mine is packaged up for return on monday! What a waste of my time..
Message 55 of 197
KennyG944
Star

Next time, I'm going with Asus

Message 56 of 197
KennyG944
Star

Here's the way to go...

Message 57 of 197
TheodlR
Star

Same problem over here. I thought I bought a very good router with no issues, but this is getting pretty annoying! Smiley Frustrated

Strange that Netgear haven't come up with a good response and a solution to fix it.

Message 58 of 197
AlexanderD
Initiate

Same issue here. This expensive unit is trash after 90 days. That's why they have a 90 day support. Their Tech Support doesn't exist. The tech reps don't know the products or resoulution to issues. I spent hours on trying to resolve the firmware update with no success. There is no resolution. I even tried the help of the Geek Squad, they finally admitted it's a Netgear issue. DON'T buy this junky router. In fact stay away from Netgear, period.

Message 59 of 197
KennyG944
Star

Looks like they removed my link in the previous post.  The Asus RT-AC5300 is the way to go.  Look it up!   I'll never buy Netgear again.

Message 60 of 197
vinceroebuck
Apprentice

Got your message kenny! Lol.. i just received my new "not netgear" router! Take care!
Message 61 of 197
cotonymopar
Guide

any update to a possible fix, or is the solution to go and buy another router?  someone from netgear, would be very helpful

Message 62 of 197
vinceroebuck
Apprentice

Will watch for the answer even tho it's to late for me!
Message 63 of 197
HelloIambrian
Initiate

I wish I would have saw all of this before I bought the router. I am currently having the same issue!

Message 64 of 197
cotonymopar
Guide

ya, I got mine in may..... what a waste as it is more buggy that then one I replaced... 

you would think that Netgear would be monitoring and updating to ease customers minds...

Message 65 of 197
triatans18
Tutor

I am having this EXACT same issue. Any fixes? 

Message 66 of 197
Mitus
Star

@triatans18 yes, buy a new router

Message 67 of 197
hnderson
Initiate

I'm having the same issues with firmware updates. My router is stuck with firmware version 1.4.1.50 and will not update to the latest firmware 1.4.1.64_1.3.25. Performed all the suggestions, e.g. manual firmware upload attempts, etc.  Netgear customer support is useless. Why don't they solve this universal problem????? DO NOT BUY A NETGEAR PRODUCT. THERE'S NO SUPPORT IF THERE ARE ISSUES!

Message 68 of 197
HelloIambrian
Initiate

They are sending me a new one.
Message 69 of 197
BobStevenson
Apprentice

When you get it, SELL IT!

If you decide to keep it....manually DL the update, unzip it, cross your fingers and hold your tongue right and manually install the latest firmware.

But honestly....get rid of it! There are far better routers out there with better thru-put and less hassles!

Netgear doesn't realize the power of apps designed to inform others of various things, like NextDoor. I have successfully turned 4 people away from Netgear and my posting has been viewed by the attached 17 neighborhoods comprising of a buttload of people. I have even been in Best Buy shopping and advising people to NOT buy a Netgear anything!

No doubt every manufacturer experiences bugs but for Netgear to KNOW they have an issue and IGNORE it, is UNACCEPTABLE and should be dealt with in a very aggressive manner. I used the new router they sent me, same model, latest firmware, and experienced bad thru-put with a nominal load. When I compared it to an older Linksys 3200ACM, the Linksys won....and it is only a dual band router!

Apple made a bad precedence by slowing down my phone to "encourage" me to buy a new one....Netgear????

Good Luck folks!

Message 70 of 197
BobStevenson
Apprentice

Hey Moderator or Admin....please UN-solve this thread. The issue is NOT solved and continues to this day. Somebody marked it as SOLVED as a "joke". This is an inferior piece of equipment that needs addressing by Netgear and until that is accomplished, this thread should remain ACTIVE. Thank you.

Message 71 of 197
TheodlR
Star

So you might think that people form Netgear read threads on the community at their own website. Why can't we get an answer of Netgear?

I bought this router because it had good critics. And basicly I don't think there is anything wrong with it. But I can't be so difficult to solve a problem with an update, I think.

@Forum_Moderator What's the point, why don't we get a normal answer to our questions? Why can't Netgear make this update work?

Message 72 of 197
chesh3
Guide

I gave up here. Netflix answer was to pay for service just to update the firmware. I’m now renting a router from my cable provider until I research a long term permanent buy. Unfortunately, I’m done with Netgear for life.
Message 73 of 197
vinceroebuck
Apprentice

Really sad to see how netgear is non responsive...
Message 74 of 197

I also cannot update firmware. Have downloaded and tried to update from local file, still stuck on V1.4.1.50_1.3.10.

Message 75 of 197
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7