Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8500 Nighthawk router not working

ericgarvin
Aspirant

R8500 Nighthawk router not working

Having problems with network going down.  Current components are a cm600 modem, a 8500 router and a gs116 switch.  All netgear products.  I was watching hulu on an Apple Tv last night and the boys were on xbox's all hardwired.  Network has not changed configuration for 2 years since I bought the equipment.  The network suddenly went down.  Reset the network, network still didn't come back.  Called Comcast and they reset the modem from there network.  Still didn't fix the issue.  Went out the check the termination coming into the house.  looked fine.  Kinda frustrated.  Its out of warranty now.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ericgarvin
Aspirant

Re: router not working

Yup I am back up. I just disconnected the whole lot and reset my network. I also realized that I had one cable creating a loop on the switch. I am confident that was really the problem. I must have done this after the original reset.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Any updates on your network is it back up?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
myersw
Master

Normal first step would be to Ethernet attach PC in place of router and see if things worked then. If so then it has to do with the router, If not then you get to fight with the ISP. 

Message 3 of 5
ericgarvin
Aspirant

Yup I am back up. I just disconnected the whole lot and reset my network. I also realized that I had one cable creating a loop on the switch. I am confident that was really the problem. I must have done this after the original reset.
Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

@ericgarvin wrote:

@ericgarvin

Don't you hate it when you create your own problems? 😉 

Yes I suspect the loop you created was your network issue. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7