Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8500 purchasable power supply

R8500 purchasable power supply

For international frequent movers it would be interesting to get easily power supply as spare parts and to puchase it directly to Netgear.

Message 1 of 25

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@VE6CGX is correct. Just purchase the compatible plug or get like a universal adapter.

@aalexandrebeta We do not sell power adapters only.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 25

All Replies
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Look at the plug polarity, output voltage and, importantly, the output current on your existing P/S.  Then go on e-bay and buy one with the same specifications for the country you are visiting.

Message 2 of 25

Thanks!

Message 3 of 25

Is there any way to purchase an official power supply from Netgear?

Message 4 of 25
VE6CGX
Master

Power adapters have universal input voltage. Only thing you need is compatible plug for the place you are visiting.

Message 5 of 25
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@VE6CGX is correct. Just purchase the compatible plug or get like a universal adapter.

@aalexandrebeta We do not sell power adapters only.

Message 6 of 25

Is it possible in the future to have the ability to buy power supply only, it would be great!

Message 7 of 25
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I'll inquire about that.

Message 8 of 25

It's time to go green by supplying only failed parts!

Message 9 of 25
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your feedback has been forwarded to the management.

Message 10 of 25

Thank you.

Message 11 of 25
masood
Aspirant

R8500 power supply 240 i can fined ?

R8500 power supply 240 i can fined ?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 12 of 25
VE6CGX
Master

Re: R8500 power supply 240 i can fined ?

Read the label on the adapter. It is universal input voltage. Wuat yiou need is plug adapter not power adapter.

Message 13 of 25

I must have not expressed myself clearly.

What would be great is to have the ability to purchase another spare part from Netgear in case of damaged or cuted cord or in case of international moving with another plug, voltage and type plug. It's time to go green. I really don't mind paying for that.

Message 14 of 25
masood
Aspirant

i buy from amazon router R8500 but in my country its 240 v
when i  see av adapter its 120v ?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 15 of 25

I just purchased a raspberry pi 3 and the power supply was provided with 4 different plugs!

But what I'd like is to have the ability to purchase a spare plug apart.

In a family home we had a mice infestation and those creatures completely cut and devoured the cord and created a short circuit. warranty was voided indeed, and had to buy a complete stuff back!

Message 16 of 25
VE6CGX
Master

Adapter itself is same, just plugs are different depending where it is sold. AC power plug adapter can be bought on eBay easily. Read the label on the adapter which will tell it is universal input voltage type. If one needs spare power adapter it does not have to be Netgear brand. As long as you get one with same specs. or better. DC connector to router can be bought too on eBay.  Little soldering

may be necessary to put on corrrect connector.

Message 17 of 25

OK but I would have preferred a Netgear spare part. O HP procurve stuff they provide the plug or the switch independently.

Message 18 of 25
VE6CGX
Master

OEMer supplied Netgear. Other brand routers are same. Like cars, think GM makes every parts itself to manufacture their cars?

I am a retired PE as well as hobbyist., life time low brass player still a member of community concert band. I do things myself as much as I can. On the wrong side of age 70 I still enjoy tinkering, LOL! My pastime is helping neighbors, friends with any kind electronics related problems.  HVAC issues, networking, broken laptops, desktops..... I even repair guitar amps with vacuum tubes in them for my boy and his jamming buddies..

Message 19 of 25

I'll try to find the thing you suggest me, thanks for the time spent to help me. A bit af Netgear would have been appriciated!

Message 20 of 25

For me the issue is not solved as long as Netear does not provide us extra power supply.

Dell are providing as many power supplies as you want! It is a piece of cake to provide paying customers such devices!

Message 21 of 25
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Well, I guess you are going to have to live with that.

Message 22 of 25

Why I'll be satisfied while Netgear is not selling what customers want?

They will make money on that so what's the problem?

Message 23 of 25
VE6CGX
Master

Shoot! When you can find identical or comaptible one just without Nertgear label else where at lesser money Netgear would charge what seems to be your problem?

Message 24 of 25

Well if I take my father as an example of grumpy customer, he likes to go to the manufacturer site and that the brand is helping him to solve his problem, even if it cost a little more and he hates to waste his useful time in searching for those things!

The brand should help the customer and not ditching the client!

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7