Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Random disconnects.

cowboychincs
Tutor

Thanks bonecows... I think you may be on to something.... I really believe it is a R7000 issue(s) as well.... I just hate to go out and purchase a different router to see if all of my issues go away... (1) because of the cost and (2) the effort to set it up and hook everything to it... but am close to having to do just that.

I did see some very good improvement (with the 2.4g channels completely dropping and reconnecting multiple times in an hour) when I did the new install of the new FW and followed the very strict instructions on how to reset the router correctly... that issue totally stopped and verified with a wi-fi analyzer App....

but then, after I did the above, I had a different issue... the R7000 disconnects from the internet from the cable modem... at first I thought it was the cable modem... cable company worked with me... even replaced the cable modem... same issues... so we isolated it to the R7000... that is when I got instructions from VZW to change the MTU...

after I did the change, which was about 5-7 days ago, I have only dropped the internet connection once (my MTU is set at 1400 as I previously stated).... so that is an improvement too... but I am NOT happy about all of the above and I dont think it has been really fixed... so am keeping the case open until it is for sure fixed... and may need to go out and purchase the new Asus AC router... checking their user forum... there are VERY few issues with it.... hardly any forum posts on any issues...

I like Netgear stuff... but am rather upset with this issue not getting fixed yet... as we are all still having issues....

Thoughts anyone? :confused:
Message 26 of 48
Retired_Member
Not applicable

cowboychincs wrote:
and may need to go out and purchase the new Asus AC router... checking their user forum... there are VERY few issues with it.... hardly any forum posts on any issues...

I like Netgear stuff... but am rather upset with this issue not getting fixed yet... as we are all still having issues....

Thoughts anyone? :confused:

I know I'm only one person but I arrived at the R7000 AFTER buying the Asus. I tried the Asus first and after a couple of days of fighting with dropped DNS requests and packet loss on the 2.4Ghz band, I sent it back...
Message 27 of 48
cowboychincs
Tutor

uugghh.... I Did NOT want to know that!.... But am thankful for the input.... but I am ready to swap out the R7000 for something reliable.... a long time ago, you could get a router and almost keep it forever as it was sooooo good and stable... but now, it seems like all of them have issues..... does ANYONE have a recommendation for a replacement for the R7000?
Message 28 of 48
jsmiddleton4
Tutor

I came to Netgear R7000 from Asus RT-N66U. Glad I did. Looking forward to Tomato firmware for the R7000 but otherwise very happy with it.
Message 29 of 48
Retired_Member
Not applicable

All I can offer you is this:

I started on this message board when I bought my first WNDR3700. That router had A LOT of issues.

We here on the forum worked on them together, worked with Netgear, and finally got firmware that worked.

That was FOUR years ago. And the reason why I'm hear now is because I bought an R7000 to replace that 3700.

Yes, it was THAT reliable.
Message 30 of 48
Devor
Luminary

My WNDR3700v1 is still going strong. See uptime in signature. 😉

Now I've gone and jinxed it. LOL
Message 31 of 48
jcbenten
Aspirant

I began having constant disconnects a few days ago. I did the factory reset and re-entered my settings. Dropouts continued. I disconnected the HP HD /Readyshare drive and all is stable.

I will test further when I have time.

chirs
Message 32 of 48
Retired_Member
Not applicable

IIRC, there were connectivity issues with the 3700 early on and almost all of them were caused by Readyshare.
Message 33 of 48
Devor
Luminary

Is there a model that didn't have some sort of ReadyShare issue?
Message 34 of 48
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ready share like shovel ready jobs both not worth a ___t.
Message 35 of 48
WNDR3700v4
Aspirant

I still have the same dropping problem. My first WNDR3700v4 was replaced by NG after spending 3 hours on the phone with NG service. NG sent me a new WNDR3700v4 and it ran fine for 1.5 months and now it is dropping the internet about 3 times an hours. My charter modem is not dropping the internet, all lights are normal with the drop, it has to be the R3700.

Hate to but will probably go back to the old other brand router, it is slow but does not drop.
Message 36 of 48
Devor
Luminary

@searay
Do you have any experience with ReadyNAS?
Message 37 of 48
WNDR3700v4
Aspirant

Ready share has never been turned on because of the negative comments found on the forums.

The dropping of the internet is experienced on each of my computers: XP, 7 and 8.
Message 38 of 48
Mikey94025
Hero

WNDR3700v4 wrote:
I still have the same dropping problem. My first WNDR3700v4 was replaced by NG after spending 3 hours on the phone with NG service. NG sent me a new WNDR3700v4 and it ran fine for 1.5 months and now it is dropping the internet about 3 times an hours. My charter modem is not dropping the internet, all lights are normal with the drop, it has to be the R3700.

Hate to but will probably go back to the old other brand router, it is slow but does not drop.

Why are we hearing about R3700 disconnects in this R7000 thread? Or did you mean you're having disconnects with your R7000?
Message 39 of 48
Devor
Luminary

It's a typo because there is no Netgear R3700.
Message 40 of 48
sbobba
Aspirant

I have a similar problem..I was using PTV3000 and recently upgraded the firmware and it worked well for some time but after few days...the device restarts itself repeatedly and cannot make any connection.

Please let me if there is an other alternative to solve this issue.
Message 41 of 48
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Devor wrote:
@searay
Do you have any experience with ReadyNAS?

Just one and I sent it back.
Message 42 of 48
bonecows
Aspirant

I don't think this problem is directly caused by ReadyShare. I have never enabled it and still experienced the constant internet disconnects.

That said, it's not impossible that ReadyShare triggers or exacerbates the issue.
Message 43 of 48
sbobba
Aspirant

I have connected the PTV3000 to Smart TV, then I see a Quick Steps screen and goes to the next screen and on reaching the next screen the device restarts itself repeatedly.
Message 44 of 48
reeper
Aspirant

I was having disconnects for 4 weeks at least twice a day, Thought it was the nighthawk r7000 but it turned out to be my Netgear DG834GT modem that probably could not handle the speed tried all sorts r7000 kong ddrwt put it in modem only mode still disconnected.

Hooked up a very old thomson speedtouch 546v6 I had lying around all sorted not 1 freeze or disconnect in last 4 days 🙂 love the r7000 blazing fast.
Message 45 of 48
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

For those who have R7000, kindly try to use the beta fw 1.0.5.62.

Message 46 of 48
trevordixon
Aspirant

I'm using V1.0.6.28_1.1.83 and experiencing random internet disconnects a few times a day. This problem started a couple weeks ago. 1.0.5.62 sounds like a downgrade from 1.0.6. Am I misunderstanding the meaning of these version strings? Would you recommend I try switching to this beta 1.0.5.62 if my current firmware seems higher than that?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 47 of 48
IrvSp
Master

Yes, it IS a downgrade. NG pulled all V1.0.5 and V1.0.6 beta F/W as they gave a lot of people problems. Stablized the code and removed Arlo support and re-issued it as V1.0.5.60 and now the new one at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-Beta-FW-1-0-5-62/m-p/1078114#M31145. After you install the beta RESET the router and MANUALLY re-enter the settings. Should solve your problem possibly.

Message 48 of 48
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7