Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range Reduction on Nighthawk R7000 – Part 2

moyers
Aspirant

Range Reduction on Nighthawk R7000 – Part 2

Hello, I've had the Nighthawk R7000 for about 1 year now and it has performed with excellence.

Within the past month however I've noticed a very weak wireless signal when moving far away from the router within my apartment. At times I'm unable to connect to the WiFi signal at all whereas before I had no problems…I'm also using a Netgear Extender from which I’m also experiencing the same issues.

The strange part is that only the 2.4 GHZ channel is experiencing these glitches. The 5 GHZ channel seems to get good coverage all over the home whereas before it was limited to a very small distance range. Nevertheless, I want to continue using the 2.4 channel for all wifi computer and mobile devices within the home.

Here are some troubleshooting steps I’ve completed so far but haven’t helped:

• Tried rebooting both devices
  • Since I live in an apartment building, with many neighboring wifi connections, I tried switching to other wifi channels that weren’t so busy

I appreciate any assistance.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Range Reduction on Nighthawk R7000 – Part 2

"The strange part is that only the 2.4 GHZ channel is experiencing these glitches"

The router has TWO distinct radios, One of them appears to be failing. Try re-installing FW and or factory reset, try switching the antennas around ( one may damaged ) All this should be done with extender turned OFF.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

"The strange part is that only the 2.4 GHZ channel is experiencing these glitches"

The router has TWO distinct radios, One of them appears to be failing. Try re-installing FW and or factory reset, try switching the antennas around ( one may damaged ) All this should be done with extender turned OFF.

Message 2 of 3
moyers
Aspirant

switching the antennas did the trick...appreciate!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7