× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range extender lost password EX6100v2

Yeeeeesh
Aspirant

Range extender lost password EX6100v2

I must be really stupid.  I am evidently the only user of the EX6100v2 to ever lose and be uable to recover the password.

BECAUSE THERE ISNT A DAMN WORD ANYWHERE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB ABOUT IT.

Help me?  Someone?  Help me, please?

Message 1 of 8

Re: Range extender lost password EX6100v2

@Yeeeeesh wrote:

I am evidently the only user of the EX6100v2 to ever lose and be uable to recover the password.

Nope. It happens all the time.

Which password? Wi-Fi or browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

Look at the label on the thing for the default passwords.

If the worst comes to the worst, reset the device and set it up again.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Use the Factory Reset Button to Restore Factory Settings

and then

Specify Basic WiFi Settings.

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 8
Yeeeeesh
Aspirant

Well, nowhere on the world wide web would include Netgear Support, which OF COURSE I searched thoroughly.  Nothing.  And of course I looked at the label.  No default password given.  I go to user communities (typically more like useless communities) as a very last resort.

I appreciate you taking ther time to offer your input, I really do.  But I have done evrything you suggested.  All of the documentation (manual, quick start guide) say ya gotta log in WITH THE PASSWORD.

Message 3 of 8
Yeeeeesh
Aspirant

@Yeeeeesh wrote:

All of the documentation (manual, quick start guide) say ya gotta log in WITH THE PASSWORD.

Something tells me that you are asking the wrong questions.

Tell us what you want to do. And don't say "find the password".

You have an EX6100v2. (Clearly, your searching didn't find the right place to ask for help with it. An easy mistake given the messy organisation of this place.) What are you trying to do with it?

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

In your case, an extender does what it says, extends Wi-Fi on your network. A part of the "environment where relevant" is what you are trying to connect to.

Message 5 of 8
amaradevid
Star

To resolve the issue of a lost password for your Netgear range extender EX6100V2, follow these steps:

1. Power off the extender and unplug.
  2. Hold down the reset button for 10 sec. then release it.
  3. Wait for the extender to restart and the LED lights to become stable.
  4. Connect your device to netgear_ext.
  5. Open mywifiext in address bar.
  6. Follow the instructions to set up the range extender and create a new password.
Message 6 of 8
dylanmc
Aspirant

I have reset the extender several times now, for count of 10, 20 and 30 and when I connect with my device I get a LOGIN screen asking for password for admin.  Every time.  Factory reset doesn't seem to have worked.  When I try to go to the webpage specified here, I get "refused to connect".  I recently replaced my router and this is the first time I've tried to use the extender which is probably EX6100v1. It worked great with my old router but doesn't connect automatically to the new one & as I said I can't get into the configuration without a password.  I've worked in IT for many years so I understand the way these things should work & why it's frustrating when it doesn't.

Message 7 of 8

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems. It has also accumulated some dodgy linkspam messages that could take you off to dangerous websites.

There is also a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you do want help with your problem, check previous stuff that may be related then start your own discussion.

If you do decide to ask a question, you should provide more details and your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide. For example, as this is connected to a router, it helps to know which one. Likewise the modem/gateway you are using to connect6 to the Internet.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7