Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud Android v2.0.7 Media Backup (Background)

BrettCaptain
Initiate

ReadyCloud Android v2.0.7 Media Backup (Background)

Today I have attached a 1TB USB drive to my Nighthawk R7000P.

I set up ReadyShare and linked it to ReadyCloud. I can access the drive perfectly, and my phone can access the drive using the ReadyCloud Android app.

I set up ReadyCloud to automatically backup media. So when I take photos and videos on my phone, I know they are also backed up on the USB drive. This worked flawlessly at first, I could instantly see my files transferring, and they were visible in the ReadyShare UNC on Windows. When I closed the app however, I noticed the app stopped backing up media.

I found the setting 'Background backup' within the app and enabled it. I then tried again, however - even with this setting enabled - it still would not back up my media in the background.

Being familiar with Android, I turned off battery optimisation for the ReadyCloud app. This still did not fix the issue.

So, every time I want to back up my media, I have to open the app and keep it open until all files are transferred.

Router model: Nighthawk R7000P

Mobile device OS: Android 10

Mobile device model: Google Pixel 3

ReadyCloud app version: 2.0.7

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyCloud Android v2.0.7 Media Backup (Background)

This part of the forum is for ReadyCloud on ReadyNAS devices, not routers.  You will likely find more answers in the proper section.

Message 2 of 3
BrettCaptain
Initiate

Re: ReadyCloud Android v2.0.7 Media Backup (Background)

Yes I'm aware, but couldn't find any sections for ReadyCloud on routers, and all previous queries of this nature were posted in this forum.

Besides, the issue is with the Android app, which is used for both ReadyCloud on routers and ReadyNAS, so how will it make any difference? I could use either and the app would still behave in the same way.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7