Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud Files Sharing for USB HDD users??

eddietylam
Aspirant

ReadyCloud Files Sharing for USB HDD users??

Hey buds.

I am a new Netgear user with a R7000. Great interface, many features. I am loving everything with it so far.

I just get a question with the ReadyCloud file sharing. I do registered my router with to my ReadyCloud account and works fine with it. I want to share to my family to their accounts in ReadyShare. However, I cannot find the way to share a folder to other ReadyShare user.

When I right click the folder in ReadyCloud, I can only see branch of file commands with "Create Web Link", but not any other sharing function. The "Shared Folders" under "Management" is empty too.

I do google it and read the guideline. The guideline only mentioned the way for ReadyNAS users.  I am not using ReadyNAS , instead I just attach the USB HDD with the router. Is there any way I can do that? Thanks for anyone reading!

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
eddietylam
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud Files Sharing for USB HDD users??

@ElaineM wrote:

@eddietylam That feature you seek is only available for ReadyNAS devices. It's not available on routers.

It just so happen that the interface centralized on both ReadyNAS and Nighthawk routers.

Through this is not good news,  thanks for this clear official reply anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
eddietylam
Aspirant

Message 2 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@eddietylam That feature you seek is only available for ReadyNAS devices. It's not available on routers.

It just so happen that the interface is centralized for both ReadyNAS and Nighthawk routers.

Message 3 of 8
eddietylam
Aspirant

@ElaineM wrote:

It just so happen that the interface centralized on both ReadyNAS and Nighthawk routers.

Through this is not good news,  thanks for this clear official reply anyway.

Message 4 of 8
Jitze
Aspirant

OK, but how to understand the information given in http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/en/router-setup.html 

Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

You can share the folder by creating a web link.

1. Access readycloud.netgear.com.

2. Login your account.

3. Right click a specific folder and select "Create Web Link".

4. Before sharing the folder, you can select an option to create a password for the link and number visits.

5. After clicking the "Create button", you will now have the link.

6. When you click the link, you will be seeing the following:

a. Enter the password.

b. The files inside the folder you have shared.

c. You have the options to download the file.

Message 6 of 8
eddietylam
Aspirant

@JamesGLThat's a nice feature for file sharing with friends and I am enjoying it. Good sharing, Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
eddietylam
Aspirant

@Jitze wrote:

OK, but how to understand the information given in http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/en/router-setup.html 

ReadyCloud is a portal for you to access your files in your storage device, either an usb hard drive or a higher level ReadyNAS, which attached to your router at home.

What you need to do is to create an account for portal login and then setup your router to link with your portal login. The link you quoted has covered all these. You can access your files, include @JamesGL described, by simple login into the portal.

Hope this help you, through this is not really related to my topic 😛

Spoiler

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7