Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recovering admin password

goatsonly
Follower

Recovering admin password

I have the orbi router. I do not know my admin password. The password, "password" does not work. I can not recover the password because everytime i try to go to orbilogin.com and it cancel, and error message shows up saying that i am not authorized. I do not know what to do. 

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2

Re: Recovering admin password

Netgear makes life interesting by having all manner of passwords. There is the one into the router's controls, then there are those to get into the router's wifi, and then there any that you use to get into this Community and/or MyNetgear.

If you are talking about access to the browser's graphical user interface (GUI), the router's controls, these are on the label for your device, along with the default wifi login details. The username is fixed at admin. The default password is password.

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7