Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Renewed router modem

Na45
Initiate

Renewed router modem

So I activated my new renewed router modem from amazon and it connects to wifi ,my desktop, my phone but won't connect to my google chromecast even after factory resetting the chromecast device and I "forgot" my old router info and any other names that came up. I also went online to my wizard and found black web device that I blocked and looking around in that I secured my own 2 devices. That's when I found a number off on my mac address and maybe that's why the chromecast won't communicate? Should I inactivate and reactivate my new modem router again with xfinity? I can't seem to get any help from their customer service.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Renewed router modem

@Na45 wrote:

So I activated my new renewed router modem from amazon and it connects to wifi ,my desktop

Which Netgear device was this? The model number?

@Na45 wrote:

.... it connects to wifi ,my desktop, my phone but won't connect to my google chromecast even after factory resetting the chromecast device and I "forgot" my old router info and any other names that came up.

It is more helpful to think of it the other way round. Your router does not connect to these things, they connect to the router. The router just delivers wifi for these devices to connect to.

So when it comes to the Chromecast, that is where you need to look for fixes. After resetting Chromecast did you take it through the setup process again?

That's when I found a number off on my mac address and maybe that's why the chromecast won't communicate? Should I inactivate and reactivate my new modem router again with xfinity? I can't seem to get any help from their customer service.

I don't understand that bit. Do you have an Internet connection? Can anything connect to the Internet? If so that isn't where the problem lies.

I can't seem to get any help from their customer service.

Not much anyone here can do about that. Your first move has to be to get the Internet up an running. Is it?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@Na45 wrote:

So I activated my new renewed router modem from amazon and it connects to wifi ,my desktop

Which Netgear device was this? The model number?

@Na45 wrote:

.... it connects to wifi ,my desktop, my phone but won't connect to my google chromecast even after factory resetting the chromecast device and I "forgot" my old router info and any other names that came up.

It is more helpful to think of it the other way round. Your router does not connect to these things, they connect to the router. The router just delivers wifi for these devices to connect to.

So when it comes to the Chromecast, that is where you need to look for fixes. After resetting Chromecast did you take it through the setup process again?

That's when I found a number off on my mac address and maybe that's why the chromecast won't communicate? Should I inactivate and reactivate my new modem router again with xfinity? I can't seem to get any help from their customer service.

I don't understand that bit. Do you have an Internet connection? Can anything connect to the Internet? If so that isn't where the problem lies.

I can't seem to get any help from their customer service.

Not much anyone here can do about that. Your first move has to be to get the Internet up an running. Is it?

Message 2 of 4
Na45
Initiate

Thanks for your response. I have a nighthawk c6300 series. My Chromecast device connected after downloading and using the nighthawk app. Then the nighthawk app had some issues when I tried logging back in as other ppl had on a blog I found. But Chromecast device connected and I'm happy now. Anyway thanks again. 

Message 3 of 4

@Na45 wrote:

But Chromecast device connected and I'm happy now.

Well done. As suspected, down to Chromecast.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7