Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router location

hiker59
Follower

Router location

Purchased a Nighthawk router and now I can't connect to a app that requires me to be in my home state for access.  Never had a issue with the older router, Nighthawk will not allow access when I'm home.  Help please. 

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Router location

@hiker59 wrote:

Purchased a Nighthawk router and now I can't connect to a app that requires me to be in my home state for access.  Never had a issue with the older router, Nighthawk will not allow access when I'm home.  Help please. 

Additional information required.  What is the model number of the Nighthawk router you purchased?  The model number could start with a C or R.  Look on the label.

What device are you using to connect with the application and how is the device connected to your router?  Phone, computer, or etc.?  Connected via Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

Is your router a stand alone device or is there a modem connected upstream for internet access?  If there is a modem, what is the brand name and model number?  Look on the label.

What actually happens when you "can't connect"?  Error messages etc.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Router location

@hiker59 wrote:

Purchased a Nighthawk router and now I can't connect to a app that requires me to be in my home state for access. 

What tells you that?

You don't have to use an app to set it up. You can use the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7