Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router reboots several times when bridged PC is turned on

gorune
Aspirant

Router reboots several times when bridged PC is turned on

I am having the following issue with the R7800 X4S router:

I have a PC connected to a TP-Link WR1043ND on ethernet, and the TP-Link router is in a WDS bridge with the R7800. A few wireless devices are connected to the TP-Link router and the system works quite well. Now, whenever I turn on the PC, the R7800 fails, it reboots a random number of times, usually 3-5 times, until it starts working properly again.

A few details that might help to know: I have the DHCP server turned off for the TP-Link. The DHCP server is on only on the R7800. Wireless devices connecting/disconneting to the TP-Link do not seem to bother the R7800. I have manually set the IP addresses of almost all devices on the R7800, outside the range of the DHCP reserved addresses, including the TP-Link bridge and the PC. I have also, in an attempt to fix the issue, reserved the IP address of the PC on the TP-Link router itself (under DHCP>Address reservation, using the PC's MAC address), obviously setting it to the same one set on the R7800. I have tested connecting a laptop via ethernet to the TP-Link, it went smoothly. I am running the latest firmware V1.0.2.20

Thank you.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Router reboots several times when bridged PC is turned on

Hi gorune,

Try to reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi gorune,

Try to reset the router to factory default and manually reconfigure the router.

Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi gorune,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 7
gorune
Aspirant

I'm sorry, it's just that when I set up the router the very first time I did it manually anyway, and I have fixed about 2 dozens of IP addresses as well as many other settings, and I fail to see how painstakingly reconfiguring that all over again after a factory reset can be on any help.

That said, I will do so once I find time for it, and will report back here.

Message 4 of 7
gorune
Aspirant

I updated the firmware to V1.0.2.28, no improvements. I still haven't got to resetting to factory default and reconfiguring it manually.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi gorune,

Please try the factory reset and manually reconfigure it.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi gorune,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7